iTunes Match and iTunes Radio Ads

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by MJedi, Sep 24, 2013.

1. macrumors 6502a

MJedi

Hello all,

I currently subscribe to iTunes Match, and so I'm not supposed to get ads on iTunes Radio. However, on my iPhone, I get ads. The only explanation I've found is that I need to enable iTunes Match on my iPhone. Being logged in with my iTunes Match account on the iPhone is not enough. Anyone having the same experience? (On my Mac, which has iTunes Match enabled, I don't get ads.)

I haven't found iTunes Match to be useful and easy to use on the iPhone, which is why I never turned it on. But, I may have to enable it now to get rid of the ads. I would've thought iTunes Radio would be based on the account itself, and not that some feature is enabled.

2. macrumors 68030

No ads here. But I always have match enabled.

3. macrumors 68000

bobr1952

I would agree you need to turn it on.

I just subscribed to Match and like many of you, was a bit frustrated with getting it right on my iPhone. Couldn't get the playlists to sync right until I discovered that the digital booklets in some albums weren't in iCloud--so the whole playlist was made not available in the cloud. Once I took the booklets out of the playlist--all is good now. For me, playlists are the only way I can find the music I want to listen to.