Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

matjamca

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
St Helens, Merseyside, England
I have 648 songs in my iTunes Library.

I have signed up to iTunes Match, and have created some Smart Playlists so that these can sync from my Mac to my iPhone 6s Plus.

I have created a Smart Playlist showing All My Music. This shows 648 songs on my Mac (correctly), but iPhone 6s Plus has 652 songs in it for some strange reason.

I have also created a Smart Playlist for 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 Star ratings.

All of my music had 0 stars to start with. As I rate them, songs are removed from the 0 start playlist and moved into the respective rating playlist.

On my Mac, the playlists show the following...

0 star = 611 songs
1 star = 6 songs
2 star = 3 songs
3 star = 7 songs
4 star = 27 songs
5 star = 29 songs

TOTAL = 683 (How? There should only be 648 songs total - the songs I own).

On my iPhone, the playlists show the following...

0 star = 580 songs (not matched)
1 star = 6 songs (matched)
2 star = 3 songs (matched)
3 star = 7 songs (matched)
4 star = 27 songs (matched)
5 star = 29 songs (matched)

TOTAL = 652 songs (How? This says 4 songs more than I actually own).

Can anyone explain what the friggin' hell has happened for the numbers to be mismatched?
How can I fix this?

Grr :confused:

matjamca

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2013
St Helens, Merseyside, England
Interestingly, when I clicked on the ... within the Music App on my iPhone to download the All My Music Playlist (which says 652 songs on my iPhone), it has only downloaded the 648 songs I own.

Confused much :confused::confused::confused:

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
don't try and figure it out....... I'm still waiting for senior adviser on all of this..... I know i'll never get a response though.. but allot are hopeful....

Too me though, no one will stick round just to "see" how long can we wait for a service to be good... That's just not going to happen Maybe you'll get the die-hard Apple fans stick round always.

Is not just what your described... within the time, i've got offline music deleted. subscription expired messages when its paid account, and the list is too long to go into..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.