Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xavier

macrumors demi-god
Mar 23, 2006
Columbus
How so?

I've been immensely happy with my Match account. Gives me access to my 11,000 tracks on multiple computers and devices.

I was fairly skeptical of this service, but am now along your line of thinking. Seems like an easy way to listen on my iPhone, Macbook and (soon) iPad without duplicating and taking up space on each device.

NoMatt

macrumors newbie
Apr 30, 2012
iTunes Match Error 11556

Same here. I'm in Portugal and after purchasing iTunes Match I also get the infamous message "An unknown error occurred (11556)". Now I feel I was ripped off by Apple.

ggrossi

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2012
Viterbo (Italy)
Error in Italian Translation

It's fun that in the Italian copy they wrote "DRM-Gratis" (drm-free with free as in beer) instead of "Senza DRM" (which would be DRM-free with free as in fat-free).

It's not the first time Apple Italy comes out with subpar copies.

rdlink

macrumors 68040
Nov 10, 2007
Out of the Reach of the FBI
I would love match if it weren't for the inconsistent service. I, too have partial albums that show as uploads instead of matched (annoying, but livable).

But the worst part is that, even though my playlists are always completely downloaded I often get songs that fail to play on when I lose my cell signal. I have had it eventually corrupt my whole playlist over the course of two or three days riding to work. I've gone through the exercise of deleting all songs in the playlists off my iphone, and re-downloading each of them manually. Two or three days later, viola, the problem starts again.

Had a ticket open with Apple for three weeks on the issue. Gave them all of the information they wanted. The engineer eventually threw up his hands and offered my money back for my Match subscription. Definitely un-Apple like.

Taruga

macrumors newbie
May 10, 2010
@NoMatt, from south of Portugal I have the same 11556 error. iTunes Match not working yet.

edited: It's working :)

Last edited:

iKIKO

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2011
also love itunes match here. i just wish sometimes it woks on streaming mode on the idevices just like it does on the mac :mad:

WongChai

macrumors newbie
May 25, 2005
Rimini
Here in Italia, it was stuck on the error mode but now this morning, 8:00am local time, iTunes Match is working.. (Gathering information about your iTunes library.. fingers very crossed)..

hehenator90

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2011
Still got no "purchased" button on my iOS devices in the itunes store. So unable to redownload already purchased music! Anyone else in Austria?

Augure

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2009
A while back, someone said on this forum that "fanboys will be the one who'll kill Apple".

He was right.

Apple is releasing clearly broken products like iTunes Match and too many people find way to praise it. Lion is the less downloaded and most criticized update yet but people find ways to pretend they are happy with it. Moutain Lion brings almost nothing new but a lot of security add-on (Apple Security Essentials, OS X Logo testing, OS X Malicious Software Removal Tool, OS X Security Center, OS X Defender...yes, you can verify) and people find ways to prend it's going to be so cool.

Of course I understand when it's latecomers from the mass sheep market who just discovered Apple, but sometimes even people who have been knowing Apple for 4 years or more seems to blind. Well some of them are paid by Apple to tell community manager ********, but for the other, they are going to be the cause of Apple failure.

Chastepe

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2010
Derby, UK
iTunes Match - Greece

Also in Greece. Purchased iTunes Match but when i authorize the Macbook a message pops out "error 11556" and check your connection... Did it work at immediately for you?

I have not purchased iTunes Match for my Greek iTunes account yet, but when I try to re-download my purchased music that is not present in my computer I receive the following error: "This item is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later".

foodog

macrumors 6502a
Sep 6, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I've gotta agree. I love the concept but the implementation is just not there. I live in Atlanta w/ a super strong Verizon network and trying to listen to my music via Match on my phone in my car is just painful. Even in my home on my super fast internet connection I was listening to an album last night and it became so jittery and then eventually gave up and jumped to the next song.

$25 wasn't a huge risk to take but maybe instead of rolling it out to more testers (I mean locations) why don't they clean it up first for the paying customers they already have.

Strange... I'm in the Atl area too and haven't had the same issues... Admittedly I don't use my phone often to stream music.

AppleGuesser

macrumors regular
May 1, 2012
Macon, GA
For me, iTunes match is slow, battery consuming, and half as efficient as Pandora, not to mention I can eat through data faster than watching Netflix on my iPhone using match. It works great for my Apple TV, but thats it. I think iTunes match wasnt ready for primetime just yet IMO :(

Tanax

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2011
Stockholm, Sweden
A while back, someone said on this forum that "fanboys will be the one who'll kill Apple".

He was right.

Apple is releasing clearly broken products like iTunes Match and too many people find way to praise it. Lion is the less downloaded and most criticized update yet but people find ways to pretend they are happy with it. Moutain Lion brings almost nothing new but a lot of security add-on (Apple Security Essentials, OS X Logo testing, OS X Malicious Software Removal Tool, OS X Security Center, OS X Defender...yes, you can verify) and people find ways to prend it's going to be so cool.

Of course I understand when it's latecomers from the mass sheep market who just discovered Apple, but sometimes even people who have been knowing Apple for 4 years or more seems to blind. Well some of them are paid by Apple to tell community manager ********, but for the other, they are going to be the cause of Apple failure.

Considering the increased number of Apple-users, and thus presenting hackers with a more interesting platform to hack(which can be seen on the increasing number of hacking done to Macs), I think it's excellent that they're focusing on security.

While "old-school" Mac-users may believe that their precious Macs are non-hackable, I am very happy that they are finally releasing some security applications to fend of the hackers.

I also believe that with the increased numbers of hackers turning their focus to Apple, that we will not be as secure as we were before.

fsoaresme

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2012
iTunes Match active in Portugal

It is working at least as of May 1st in Portugal. Worked well for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.