Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JWhite32

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
I just can't seem to get iTunes to complete the "update iTunes Match" process since upgrading to iTunes 11. I keep getting a 4002 error. I can see and stream all my music, but every time I launch iTunes it tries to update my library and fails. This worked just fine before the update.
Also, I cannot stream movies or TV shows. It just pulls up the player and hangs. Confused. Anyone else?? Thanks.

enu

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2012
New Hampshire
I was seeing that error earlier, but now it just hangs indefinitely. I haven't been able to get iTunes Match to update yet. It's stuck at the end of Step 1 saying that it's "Waiting for Apple to deliver your iTunes Match results...". I've tried signing out and back in, removing the device from my account but no luck so far :(

BanterClaus

macrumors regular
Feb 19, 2011
UK
I was seeing that error earlier, but now it just hangs indefinitely. I haven't been able to get iTunes Match to update yet. It's stuck at the end of Step 1 saying that it's "Waiting for Apple to deliver your iTunes Match results...". I've tried signing out and back in, removing the device from my account but no luck so far :(

I have this exact same problem.

towg

macrumors regular
Jul 9, 2012
Cardiff

20322722.jpg

enu

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2012
New Hampshire
I was eventually able to get this working by deauthorizing, turning off match, reboot, reauthorize, turn on match. Unfortunately, the same thing didn't fix the same issue on my work machine this morning.

DarrenUK

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2012
Southampton, UK

Exactly the same problem after just updating to iTunes 11 on my windows PC. Anyone else had this issue and found a fix? any other suggestions?

enu

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2012
New Hampshire
On my work computer (which is a Windows machine) it either get stuck at step 1 indefinitely or gives the error "iTunes Match is matching a library from another computer. Only one library can be matched at a time. If you continue, the other iTunes Match session will be stopped and this computer's library will be matched instead."

The problem is, my work computer has ZERO songs in its library. I only want to use iTunes Match to listen to my library from home on my work machine. It's the ENTIRE reason I signed up for the service to begin with.

JWhite32

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
Finally got it to work. Turned off iTunes Match then turned it back on. Took it a while, but finally worked. Still haven't tried movie streaming again though.

enu

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2012
New Hampshire
Uninstalling iTunes, removing all it's files (at least as far as I could find), rebooting and re-installing seemed to fix the issue. It took almost an hour after that, but eventually match updated.

DaveGee

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2001
Is iTunes Match behaving any better?

I've noticed quite a few albums that universally fail to match 100% of the tracks ... An Aerosmith album comes to mind tho I can't remember if it was Pump or toys in the attic but the same few tracks failed to match and after lots of google searching I finally realized many people were all stuck with the same tracks unmatched.

I went as far as digging out the CD from storage and reripping it with the latest iTunes but still the tracks remained forever and always unmatched.

Donut4000

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2009
I had problems with iTunes 11 not showing newly added albums, other than in the 'Recently Added' playlist. A good few others I found had a similar problem in various forums (Apple, MacRumours), usually when trying to import a CD. One solution I saw posted was to turn off iTunes Match, then back on again. Well - that worked for the troubled album in question....but at the expense of >all< the music that was not physically on the computer...IE the cloud portion. On my iPhone, all is well and normal, with the full 18,089 tracks present via Match. When I run iTunes Match again on my Mac, it goes through its 3 stages, and also comes up with 18,089 tracks available - but only shows the 3,000-odd that are on the Mac. I have rebooted, and re-installed iTunes 11 again, run Disk Utility, Onyx, and am now thinking there may well be a bug in iTunes 11 itself.
Anyone have any thoughts? :confused:

Donut4000

macrumors member
Aug 28, 2009
Oh bloody hell - after posting all that detail above, >now< iTunes Match is working....Well for those folks still having problems, simply post at length about how broken it is, et voila! :confused::)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.