Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

quackers82

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 13, 2014
So i have had iTunes match since March last year so i could put my library in the cloud, but i subscribed to Apple Music when that came out. Its set to renew in March this year, do i need to renew if i have Apple Music? Does it include match?

jmmo20

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
So i have had iTunes match since March last year so i could put my library in the cloud, but i subscribed to Apple Music when that came out. Its set to renew in March this year, do i need to renew if i have Apple Music? Does it include match?

if you don't renew itunes match, all your tunes will be wrapped in Apple music DRM, meaning Apple will "kidnap" your own music.

Alrescha

macrumors 68020
Jan 1, 2008
Apple will not kidnap anything. If you do not renew iTunes Match, you will get a similar service from Apple Music. The Apple Music files have DRM, where iTunes Match files do not.

Nothing will happen to your own music on your computer, or music that you purchased from the iTunes Store.

A.

Reactions: KrisLord
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.