Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brayhite

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
N. Kentucky
same happening with me, luckily i backed up my library prior to using match.

Tip to anybody especially because space is cheap nowadays , always keep an up to date backup of the previous thing e.g. the original itunes library in this case.

Just to make sure, I've been letting iTunes organize my music files on an external hard drive where my music is stored. Those aren't being replaced are they? As far as I know, I'm playing from those original files when connected to the network my external is on, not iTunes Match songs. So I should be safe, right?

Aragornii

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2010
I use iTunes Match and I can confirm that for me at least the matched tunes are definitely not censored.

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2010
Just to make sure, I've been letting iTunes organize my music files on an external hard drive where my music is stored. Those aren't being replaced are they? As far as I know, I'm playing from those original files when connected to the network my external is on, not iTunes Match songs. So I should be safe, right?

Just to make sure i understand this correctly so you let itunes match run on the master copy of your library that is located on your external drive?

brayhite

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
N. Kentucky
Just to make sure i understand this correctly so you let itunes match run on the master copy of your library that is located on your external drive?

Not sure what you mean. When I'm at home, I load up a different iTunes library and it should be playing from my external if I'm not mistaken. I don't believe they are being replaced, but that's why I'm asking.

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2010
Not sure what you mean. When I'm at home, I load up a different iTunes library and it should be playing from my external if I'm not mistaken. I don't believe they are being replaced, but that's why I'm asking.

So you have 2 different libraries? than you should be fine if you let match run on one of them and leave the other one as is

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.