Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

joshwest

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 27, 2005
has anyone else had this problem i can minimize itunes so i want the artwork and song info to pop up as a mini viewer on screen, but hasnt been working in the last update, can anyone help me out?

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
There might be a little but of "huh?" going on there. Can you explain a little more about the view you are trying to get? Album art in the dock, the regular mini player (with basic controls, but not artwork), or something else?

MacHarne

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2005
Virginia, U.S.A.
entropyjosh said:
has anyone else had this problem i can minimize itunes so i want the artwork and song info to pop up as a mini viewer on screen, but hasnt been working in the last update, can anyone help me out?
What you are describing sounds a lot like Clutter. Or a script. I don't recall the standard form of iTunes having that type of artwork & info mini-viewer support.

joshwest

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 27, 2005
Sorry I was certain that i've had the mini display turned on and with itunes minimized while playing music, when it switched to the next rack a mini viewer pops up with artwork and song details then fades away after a few seconds..

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Sorry, but I don't think that's part of the standard iTunes package. Hopefully someone will be able to point you in the right direction of a plug in though. I'll have a quick look through Version Tracker. :)

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
entropyjosh said:
Sorry I was certain that i've had the mini display turned on and with itunes minimized while playing music, when it switched to the next rack a mini viewer pops up with artwork and song details then fades away after a few seconds..

Ohhhhh! I'll bet your Growl is out of date. Install 0.7 from http://growl.info/ and then once it's installed, run the GrowliTunes thingy you'll find in its Extras folder.

Whyren

macrumors 6502a
entropyjosh said:

That sounds like Synergy and if you're not using the up-to-date version, it may not be working. Fortunately, they have the downloads on their site.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.