Itunes missing songs?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by benfilan, Mar 20, 2007.

1. benfilan macrumors 6502

benfilan

Hey, just wondering if anyone has had any songs go missing from the itunes directory? I've looked for songs that i KNOW i've ripped in from a CD or downloaded or whatever, but they seem to be missing. any thoughts?

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

If I get issues like this, usually the cause is that I've either accidentally deleted them from my library (in which case reimporting the iTunes song files fixes the problem), or they're not tagged properly, and thus not showing up in the playlist I expect them to show up in.

3. alexzhong macrumors newbie

yes.. i have the same problem.. the songs disappear for no reason.. as in the file itself is gone from the computer.. ever since i updated to the new itunes, i lost around 4 songs already.. anyone has any clues?
    i'm extremely positive i never delete it by accident as a few are songs i listen to frequently..

4. Planner Dude macrumors 6502

i thought i was crazy for awhile (had problem b/f new itunes), but now (after itunes update) I ripped three albums into itunes, did a sync, and have a simil;ar problem.

they're not there... plus several other albums are missing too!!!!!:mad::mad:

5. Planner Dude macrumors 6502

Move to itunes discussion board

Will a moderator place this in the itunes discussion board?

Thanks

6. markfc macrumors 6502a

markfc

I lost about 300 songs the other night and I don't know how.

I'm wondering if it's a bug in time machine when backing up.