iTunes Mixing Table?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Stike, Dec 25, 2003.

1. Stike macrumors 65816

Stike

Maybe its just a Photoshop, but maybe those guys are right:

Link!!

A mixing table for iTunes? New version @ MWSF?

2. benixau macrumors 65816

benixau

looks like a good photoshop to me. I think that because the interface seems jujst a bit to ........ gluggy for an apple product.

Then again I may be wrong - this is a likely feature but there is just something that does not feel iTunes about it.

3. awulf macrumors 6502

By the looks of it, it looks like a fake. If a there would be a mixer, the mixer icon would be more elegant/styled to fit the other icons, plus the interface doesn't make any sense to me.

Also someone says that iDVD will support Divx, but that isn't gonna happen, not even QuickTime Pro supports that.

4. Sabenth macrumors 6502a

Sabenth

hmmm

?????? I aint a photoshop exspert but that just dont look right to me either. id give it a 50/50 right now..

5. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

BS. There are apps for people who want those features. It would just bloat iTunes.

6. ITR 81 macrumors 65816

iTunes 5 is suppose be release in Jan.

One of the features rumored was a mixing feature because of how many DJ's are now using iPods and iTunes.

Added online music stores built in.
    This probably why the icon colour is now red instead of green.

Doesn't look photoshop to me it looks more like a beta that hasn't had all the graphics tweaking done to it yet.
    The mix table isn't even done yet. Notice the blank tab buttons.

7. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Where did you hear these rumors?
    Because as far as I know.... it's not true.

Mixing features haven't been a rumor for iTunes. iTunes 5 is NOT supposed to be released in Jan. And I'm not sure what you mean by "added online music stores"

As for the iTunes 5 screenshot... looks fake to me.... which is why it's not being linked from MacRumors.

I am conscious about (not) linking to likely fakes... it just encourages more fakes.

arn

8. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

It's sketchy for sure. It would be so easy to make a fake on this, so why not?

9. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

Did everyone fail to notice that the tempos are shown as "BPS"? Obviously not a meausrement used for music mixing. I've been making music for many years and I've never heard of BPS. It's called "BPM", beats per minute. :D That's funny, back to work fakers. I'd say "nice try" but it wasn't even that.

10. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

i dont believe it, a real dj would need more than just itunes, maybe a beginner dj or someone would use this. i also dont think this is true cause we knew itunes 4 was coming for about a year but no pictures or anything got leaked about it, and i believe apple will have a tighter lid on it now with all its sucess, cant afford to let upcoming features get out.

iJon

11. ebuc macrumors regular

No longer exists...

The link no longer works I believe, but can still be accessed here

Sure seems like a fake to me (iTunes 5, not the link)!

12. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

i think its a fake just cause he has a song selected and it is paused, but yet the album art area says nothing selected, when it should say drag art. but you know how it goes, anytime someone posts a picture the photoshop expert team comes in and then people like me try to point out all the little things, its fun.

iJon

13. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

It'll be cool if 5 would have it but that pic is a fake...

14. Grimace macrumors 68040

Grimace

Down in the variability part of the pic is a section for beat and pitch matching.

BPS does not exist - beats (in the DJ world) are ONLY counted in BPM - beats per minute

The numbers assigned to pitch - completely arbitrary - pitch doesn't work like that. You could do -100% ----+100 pitch shift, but not an absolute number.

Interesting idea, but total BS

15. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

This would be cool ... can anyone recommend any software out there right now thats acts like a similar mixer?

16. mj_1903 macrumors 6502a

mj_1903

There would be little need for Apple to add mixing software to iTunes, it would just add bloat and confuse regular users.

As pointed out above, the screenshot is obviously a fake and there is another solid reason for this...the mixing controls are placed in the iTunes window in a position that makes no sense. It would make more sense for it to be attached to a playlist via a separate window.

Also, if it was at that stage right now I would seriously be worried about a release on Jan 5 as Apple employees don't get back to work until after the new years. There are too many cosmetic issues to be worked out for starters.

17. tjwett macrumors 68000

tjwett

Traktor from Native Instruments.

18. benixau macrumors 65816

benixau

And in picture no.2 available at apple-x.net we have a toolbar button in the top right.
    wow! itunes has never had one of those before.

Also no iPod button in the bottom right. Yet i see an ipod mounted - strange.

19. revenuee macrumors 68020

revenuee

Thank you my good sir :)

20. jholzner macrumors 65816

jholzner

I thought the same thing but that is possible. Play a song...and then select a different play list or the music store or anything else in the left column...the album art goes blank.