iTunes Mobile Phone

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Pat Medley, Jun 23, 2006.

1. Pat Medley macrumors newbie

Thought of getting one of those Motorola phone with iTune. Wonder anyone got one and how's the sound quality ?

2. iShane macrumors 6502a

Are you getting the SLVR or the ROKR? Just curious. I'm not sure about the sound quality. I imagine it would be fine but I'm not sure.

3. Pat Medley thread starter macrumors newbie

I thought of getting the Razr V3 and it comes with the Motoroal Bluetooth headset. If the music quality is good, then it would be an ideal package if, at times I would just want to go light without my ipod.

Quite an expensive investment though.....so appreciate if any one could advise.

4. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

It's a no go. My mate has a Rokr, and it's rubbish. The sound isn't that great, the response is VERY slow, it can only store 100 songs and the iTunes section takes ages to get to. With my iPod, I just press go and it's there...

He hates it, as does the one other person in my year at school who has one.

5. Selax77 macrumors member

I bought a lg vx9800 from verizon. I bought a 512mb card from ebay and all the excessories needed. It really wasnt worth it and it got expensive. i dont even use it anymore and it doesnt hold enough songs for me. it was a real waste. hope this helps

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

RAZR V3 or RAZR V3i? The V3 does not have iTunes. And when you say Bluetooth Headset, do you mean this one that I have (The H-500, in whatever color):

[​IMG]

That's a voice, one-ear headset. It's for talking on the phone, not listening to music. Even if you jury-rig a way to listen to music, you won't be happy with it. It's a perfectly nice headset, though. And mine matches my phone. :D

7. Pistol Pete macrumors 6502a

Pistol Pete

I have the ROKR and it has great sound quality and gets quite loud. It vibrates it simulate the bass.

Phone in general in kinda buggy though.

8. Pat Medley thread starter macrumors newbie

It is the Razr V3i and the H500 combo I am eyeing.

From all the feedbacks (and thanks a lot)...don't seem to be a good investment. Have seen so many models of mobile phones (Siemens and Sony-Ericsson) boasting of integrated MP3 players....the concept is really attractive, one device for your communications, messaging and music needs. The sound quality probably have not catches up yet.

I think I better save so bucks and trade off my Mini for a Nano and keep my no-fuss phone first.

9. wmmk macrumors 68020

wmmk

no, wait for the new nano. it'll probably have 6-12GB of internal storage, and many new features.

10. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I don't think there's anything wrong with the MP3 audio quality. As long as you use normal wired headphones. But don't use the H500 for music...you won't be at all happy with that.