Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajforbes20

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2011
USA
I've been tempted to buy digital iTunes codes, but have been hesitant for a couple of reasons:
- How do transactions work on Google Hangout? Are sellers generally trustworthy? How do I keep from getting played? How do I pay?

- Are the plethora of digital code stores trustworthy? Is there a go-to store that you like?

In general Most people are pretty trustworthy on google hangouts. Most fraud happens when you are trading. If you pay then there's lest likely to be fraud but its still out there. The safest way is probably to use online stores. That way you are using paypal and you are protected with paypals buyers policy. If they don't send you the code for some reason then you can file a claim. And you'll get your money back.

My go to store right now is gpmoviecodes.com they have a nice selection of kids movies and marvel's and seem to be getting more of the new releases all the time. Decent prices too!

akuma13

macrumors 6502a
Jan 10, 2006
Anyone who's been waiting for a sale on Warner Movies should be jumping on Apples Itunes Movie anniversary sale. itunes redeemable codes are none existent with Warner Movies and I think a decent selection is being offered:

10 Film: Warner Bros. Digital HD Bundle $9.99

* The Judge
* Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow
* Pacific Rim
* Magic Mike
* Contagion
* The Town
* The Hangover
* Sex and the City: The Movie
* Superman Returns

Films by other studios are also being offered
https://slickdeals.net/coupons/apple-itunes/

Reactions: ECJ

NameUndecided

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2011
Wooow. Thank you. I might have almost missed this. I was probably going to order The Town on blu-ray sometime this week, and a few of the other movies are on my wish list. And also really conveniently, the Warner bundle is the only one I have enough interest in.

WebVigour

macrumors newbie
Sep 3, 2017
I was looking the different sources for itunes. useful links are provided by thread followers..

m11rphy

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2009
Has anyone found anywhere to buy uk codes, I have a US account but don't want to keep switching

-Gonzo-

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2015
Has anyone found anywhere to buy uk codes, I have a US account but don't want to keep switching

There’s just not that many films that come with iTunes codes in the UK these days, it’s pretty much predominantly Ultraviolet.
The last film I know of that had iTunes was Logan and before that Star Trek Beyond and Turtles 2.
Not entirely sure if there has been anymore than that, if there was then there’s certainly not enough to find them anywhere other than eBay.

m11rphy

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2009
There’s just not that many films that come with iTunes codes in the UK these days, it’s pretty much predominantly Ultraviolet.
The last film I know of that had iTunes was Logan and before that Star Trek Beyond and Turtles 2.
Not entirely sure if there has been anymore than that, if there was then there’s certainly not enough to find them anywhere other than eBay.
I suspected that was the case, thanks for taking the time to respond

surfer369

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2015
I just found out about iTunes digital movie codes. Can someone explain if this is legit and is it better than the official movie sale that Apple has?

Also, How do you create iTunes account for another country to get their movies?

Hermes Monster

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2010
UK
I just found out about iTunes digital movie codes. Can someone explain if this is legit and is it better than the official movie sale that Apple has?

Also, How do you create iTunes account for another country to get their movies?

This is how you create a new account for the US, you'll need a legit US address (I used a McD's) https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204034

I don't think it's technically allowed, but it works especially well on the Apple TV. There's some good savings to be made, though I find that people just start hoarding the codes, because they're cheap rather than they actually want the movies ;)

Once you've set that up, you can move on to UV/Vudu and then Movies Anywhere....

surfer369

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2015
This is how you create a new account for the US, you'll need a legit US address (I used a McD's) https://support.apple.com/en-ca/HT204034

I don't think it's technically allowed, but it works especially well on the Apple TV. There's some good savings to be made, though I find that people just start hoarding the codes, because they're cheap rather than they actually want the movies ;)

Once you've set that up, you can move on to UV/Vudu and then Movies Anywhere....

I actually was thinking the other way, I am from U.S and ant to create another countries account to get those movies, bt not sure if and how that would work and if at all I can switch between accounts on iTunes. sounds like too much work....never mind
[doublepost=1508271727][/doublepost]
It's a nice directory. But the prices seem rather high. I've seen them cheaper elsewhere.

Can you share where is it cheaper? I am super new to this and want to start my iTunes collection.

Hermes Monster

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2010
UK
I actually was thinking the other way, I am from U.S and ant to create another countries account to get those movies, bt not sure if and how that would work and if at all I can switch between accounts on iTunes. sounds like too much work....never mind
[doublepost=1508271727][/doublepost]

Can you share where is it cheaper? I am super new to this and want to start my iTunes collection.

I really can't think of any circumstance where you would benefit from using the UK store over the US one - that's why we're all pretending to be in the US of A! :D

archer75

macrumors 68040
Jan 26, 2005
Oregon
I'm at work right now and don't have the link handy but it was a thread much like this on the bluray forums. People were buying and selling codes. It came recommend to me by someone who uses it regularly without issue. New releases, those out in the last month or two would be no more than $9 max. Anything older was typical $1 - $3. Of course those that are popular, no matter how old, can vary wildly.

Last edited:

-Gonzo-

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2015
It's a nice directory. But the prices seem rather high. I've seen them cheaper elsewhere.

It didn’t used to be, since the ATV4K came out pretty much most members here that are new ATV owners here at least went mad buying up anything they could find.
Supply and Demand turned the tables I’d say.

Hermes Monster

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2010
UK
It didn’t used to be, since the ATV4K came out pretty much most members here that are new ATV owners here at least went mad buying up anything they could find.
Supply and Demand turned the tables I’d say.

I'm finding much better deals on ye old eBay

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
I really can't think of any circumstance where you would benefit from using the UK store over the US one - that's why we're all pretending to be in the US of A! :D

I hear Australian iTunes has some pretty good sales.
I just have a US iTunes acc't though.

and some people I know have buddy'd up and use a family share type feature to cross share various country accounts

Hermes Monster

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2010
UK
I hear Australian iTunes has some pretty good sales.
I just have a US iTunes acc't though.

and some people I know have buddy'd up and use a family share type feature to cross share various country accounts

Can you shed any more light on how they've done the family share thing? I don't think it works cross country with the normal family share, and I'm not aware of another option..

surfer369

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2015
I think I am hooked this now, I bought a couple of them yesterday from sites as I thought it was fairly inexpensive, but and most were instant. The more I searched the more I found that some sites were really high priced than others, some were the same if you would buy from iTunes directly.

I am still trying to find a store that I can use reliably and that has low prices. Any recommendations? Also is there a site that shows you the lowest, or do you have to individually go through each site to find the lowest price?

billyfcc

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
I think I am hooked this now, I bought a couple of them yesterday from sites as I thought it was fairly inexpensive, but and most were instant. The more I searched the more I found that some sites were really high priced than others, some were the same if you would buy from iTunes directly.

I am still trying to find a store that I can use reliably and that has low prices. Any recommendations? Also is there a site that shows you the lowest, or do you have to individually go through each site to find the lowest price?

I use http://ultravioletcinema.com/getuvx.php?q=ITUNES. They do a good job of letting you know the prices of each movie at many of these sites.

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
Can you shed any more light on how they've done the family share thing? I don't think it works cross country with the normal family share, and I'm not aware of another option..

I'll have to find/look for that on the forum I was made aware of it. It seemed somewhat complicated to me, though was told it was super easy. and on AppleTV you can switch Accounts easily (again, I am told)

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012

Like mentioned http://ultravioletcinema.com

They will give you a list with prices from a slew of websites that offer codes. You will find most have similar prices however on occasion you'll find a deal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.