iTunes Movie Metadata?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Josh Kahane, May 5, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502

Hi

I have been adding some of my DVDs to my iTunes library recently and I have a question.

1. Is there an app that after adding my ripped DVD to iTunes using Handbrake to fetch any possible metadata for these movies?

OR

2. Is there an app which will rip my DVD and create a video file ready with meta data for iTunes?

Any help much appreciated, thanks.

2. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I prefer using iTunes for music and Plex for movies, TV shows and music videos. Plex will automatically download movie/TV show metadata, including artwork and subtitles.

3. macrumors 6502a

rbrian

I use Subler 0.14, which will search the tvdb.com and add metadata and artwork. It crashes fairly frequently, but opens again in no time. Later versions of Subler use a different search, which never ever finds any of my series - but it doesn't crash.

4. macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    I like MetaX

I use this as a step in between ripping it in Handbreak and adding it to iTunes. Works pretty well and it will pull any existing meta data from tag chimp. :)

5. macrumors 603

blueroom

iDentify

6. macrumors 6502

Same here. Switched from MetaX to iDentify. Like it a lot!

7. macrumors member

i like iflicks...

8. macrumors member

You could also use iVi Pro ;)

9. macrumors 6502

I apologize, I can't be of help here.

Instead of buying DVDs, you should consider renting HD movies directly from iTunes. They're cheaper and you can keep them for 30 days.

10. macrumors 601

You only have 24 hours to keep the movie once you start watching it. Once the 24 hours is over, the movie gets deleted from your computer.

11. macrumors 6502

That is true, but it saves space, as I doubt most people would want to keep movies in their computer once they're done watching it, apart from good movies.

12. thread starter macrumors 6502

I bought identity and it works brilliantly!

I haven't had a great deal of luck with it and TV Shows but thats not a big deal, it quickly filled tons of metadata in for my films so was worth the price.