1. Welcome to the new MacRumors forums. See our announcement and read our FAQ

iTunes Movies... and New Media Device?

Discussion in 'MacRumors News Discussion (archive)' started by hyperpasta, Sep 4, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502a

hyperpasta

Read on and be wowed:
    http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2016

2. Guest

iGary

Holiday season fast approaching...there's no way they will enter shopping season without a new iPod lineup. Period.

If they do, I'm dumping my stock.:p

And Appleinsider is sandbagging - hedging their bets that at least a portion of what they are reporting is true.

3. macrumors 68000

spicyapple

One more thing... iPod video projector!!! :)

4. macrumors 6502a

hyperpasta

Haha. Actually, it says its probably a new AirPort Express.

5. macrumors 68000

technicolor

All I know is, I will be buying whatever it is they have for sale.

I want one of each:D

6. macrumors member

I think it is the highly anticipated iToilet with universal iPod dock and count 'em four AppleTalk ports.

7. macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Business channel has had a lot of talk about a Apple Pod video phone but I would rather see a Cube redo. How about Cube squared.

8. macrumors G4

Eraserhead

It doesn't seem Apple's style to make wireless n hardware when there is no standard yet, I would think they would make a Media Center Mac, possibly with a built in iPod dock, maybe adding DivX and XVid (or just sticking VLC on the damn thing).

9. macrumors regular

New iMacs? Are you freakin kidding me? I just bought a damn iMac and now there is already new ones! Pffff...

10. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Welcome to the world of technology!

11. macrumors regular

Unless it's just the 23" iMac I have been hearing about, then it's ok. But if it's a totally new iMac that'll fire me off pretty good.

12. macrumors 68020

poppe

It might not mean a using the Wireless N standard but using somethign completely different. Like the Airport Express is a Hub to recieve special videos that are coded specifically for it to make downloading a movie quickly, and to also be able to stream movies/tunes much faster and easier to your home telivision.

Perhaps you could hook up an Airport Express to a TV and then run OS X right through Airport controlling everything

13. macrumors P6

twoodcc

can't wait til the 12th!!

14. macrumors demi-god

Peace

15. macrumors 601

generik

Merom MBPs of course :D

16. macrumors bot

MacRumors

iTunes Movies... and New Media Device?

[​IMG]

Appleinsider reports that Apple is ready to introduce the iTunes Movie Store at the upcoming September 12th Media Event.

They expect that Jobs will announce that movies from at least one major studio will be available at $9.99/download with additional studies following. Appleinsider, however, also claims that Apple has been working on their next killer device. Instead of a video iPod device to drive movie sales, they believe a video streaming device is in the works:

Details are scarce, and the rumor site also reports that the release could still be delayed.

17. macrumors 68000

Squire

"Media Device" = Does it include an iPod Video?

This would somewhat explain why the Paris Expo was given the cold shoulder.
    "Bonjour, mes amis! The iTunes Movie Store is finally here! (but only in the U.S.)"

This way, they announce the store but also get a chance to demo the product at the Expo.

-Squire

18. macrumors regular

This is good news!

19. macrumors 68030

apfhex

This would quite possibly be the best thing ever if it worked well (it would have to at least output 720p, if that's even *possible* over 802.11g/whatever). I've been waiting for a device like that for a rather long time.

20. macrumors 65816

Not too many details: would this stream movies already downloaded or let you download/view simultaneously (like view on demand)?

21. macrumors 6502a

miketcool

Sounds more viable for video then a 3 inch screen on a portable hard drive.

22. macrumors 68000

Squire

Why not both?

-Squire

23. macrumors 603

aswitcher

Ideally both. If you have the bandwidth then you can start watching right away. I suspect though it will not be streaming, but rather download via torrent environment to ease bandwidth on Apple...

24. macrumors 6502a

faustfire

I hope the movies are available in HD. Ever since apple started offering HD movie trailers I've been drooling over the idea of downloading a full length movie in that quality.

25. macrumors 68020

EagerDragon

Sorry the iToiletPaperDispenser is already out.