Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

savanahrose

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 31, 2006
greer SC
When you get a movie from itunes can you burn it to a dvd or do you have to keep it on your hard drive?

iSee

macrumors 68040
Oct 25, 2004
I watch the TV shows I download from iTunes on my laptop. I don't think it's worth getting an iPod just to watch iTunes stuff on your TV. You've got to buy a dock with cables. And, after downloading the movie, you've got to sync your iPod, then move it over to the dock by the TV, then start fiddling around with the TV input setting and navigating your iPod. Bleh!

Until iTV comes out, which will streamline this process (if it's designed well it will, anyway), get your shows from somewhere else, or watch them on your computer (this is really not as bad as it sounds, once you get used to it.)

...unless you just want an excuse to get an iPod, that is ;) In that case, go for it :D

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
I watch the TV shows I download from iTunes on my laptop. I don't think it's worth getting an iPod just to watch iTunes stuff on your TV. You've got to buy a dock with cables. And, after downloading the movie, you've got to sync your iPod, then move it over to the dock by the TV, then start fiddling around with the TV input setting and navigating your iPod. Bleh!

Until iTV comes out, which will streamline this process (if it's designed well it will, anyway), get your shows from somewhere else, or watch them on your computer (this is really not as bad as it sounds, once you get used to it.)

...unless you just want an excuse to get an iPod, that is ;) In that case, go for it :D

YOu don't have to buy the dock. They make a cable that plugs into the headphone jack that does video out. Maybe it's not as nice looking, but does the job.

dwishbone

macrumors regular
Jul 24, 2002
On the Moon
just a normal camcorder AV cable will work. its like $10 at radio shack. all apple did was switch the channels the video comes out. i think video comes out of the white instead of the yellow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.