iTunes mp3 tags?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ckeck, Apr 25, 2006.

1. ckeck macrumors 6502a

ckeck

Does anyone know of any way to update the mp3 tags on my iTunes QUICKLY for all the songs??

I am trying to get them all named in the same fashion, but going 1 by 1 through 2500 songs is going to kill me. Any ideas??

Thanks a million.

2. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

im not sure but could you use automator to some effect here?:confused:

3. ckeck thread starter macrumors 6502a

ckeck

iTunes mp3 tags?

Does anyone know of any way to update the mp3 tags on my iTunes QUICKLY for all the songs??

I am trying to get them all named in the same fashion, but going 1 by 1 through 2500 songs is going to kill me. Any ideas??

Thanks a million!

[Moderator note: threads merged. Do not double-post.]

4. ajunger macrumors newbie

you can'r update them all at the same time unless you wanted them all to be names the same thing! you can however speed it up slightly by editing all the songs in one album together and updating the common info for the album (like the date, title, artist, genre...) do that by selecting all the songs in the album and right/ctrl click and hit get info. it will warn you that you are editing multiple files. Change whatever it is you want to change, and hit ok. Still not going to be super fast, but better than doing every song individually. Hopefully the song names are right, otherwise then you'll have to go through them individually and update them.

5. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Mark all the songs you want to make changes to and hit cmd-I (File -> Get Info).

Or are you talking about giving them different names... (or more likely: remove something from all titles or somthing...) in that case check out some of the iTunes scripts available online... like Doug's Scripts... :)

Oh... and if you're using Windows this might be a good time considering getting a Mac... :D

6. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

Oh..dear!

Urm, how did you get into this little problem in the first place?

If you've ripped from CD's, CDDB will find the track names, artist, album, genre.. the lot.

To be honest, I would re-import all the CD's, and wait for CDDB to fill in all the information first.

They can't be music store downloads 'cos their already done, as are many of the File-shared MP3's people 'aquire'

Try and search on the net for something to find the track names, if you can fill in the artist and album before hand

(To do this just highlight the selected tracks, right click, and then 'Get Info')

7. calculus Guest

calculus

You don't need to re-import them to do this, just highlight all the tracks from the CD and do 'get CD track names' on the 'Advanced' menu.

8. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    There was an app once upon a time that would do this for you.

It compared the ID of a track to an online database and would offer you options on whether you agree or not with the 'close' ones. Unfortunately, I've been racking my brains for the last 10 minutes and can't remember what it was called aside from the fact that I think it began with M and had a z instead of an s.

9. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

But they are done poorly sometimes. :mad:

There's quite a lot of room for improvements here in the iTMS. They could at least add the original composer if it's a cover version.