iTunes mp3s first 3 seconds are jumpy

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cyrusyrus, Feb 19, 2006.

1. cyrusyrus macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have a collection of old mp3s that i recently tried to 'Add to Library' in my iTunes. The problem that i am getting is that the first 3 seconds are jumpy. The track plays like its being fast forwarded for the first 3 seconds and then it becomes normal and plays the rest of the song properly.

I have the latest iTunes on my Powerbook. The mp3s were ripped in my old Windows system. The mp3s were then shifted to a external HDD and then transferred onto my mac. I tried playing the mp3s in VLC player and i have the same problem.

Almost all the mp3s are at 128 bitrate and sampled at 44.1 kHz. I tried the import function and got the same problem.

Does anyone know how to repair this problem or my old mp3s are useless now? Could there be a problem shifting from NTFS filing system?

Please Help!

2. Spinach macrumors newbie

Yea!!! I'm mad I just bought 3 cds that i wanted to add to my iPod...so I burned them to itunes and it plays the first two notes on each track the jumps/pauses and plays the rest of the song.

I think its a method to prevent people from burning their cds. I have a few other cds that are fine in everyother way but have errors when burned to itunes.