iTunes MP3's

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by MBlue, Jul 13, 2004.

1. MBlue macrumors newbie

Jun 24, 2004

Does anyone know how to rename mp3 files to correct incorrect song titles/ artists that appear in iTunes? I also want to do this inorder that I may classify and organize my mp3 files on iTunes.

On a side note, does anyone know how to open multiple browsers on Safari?

Please forgive me on these quite trivial questions as I am a novice to Mac OS X. BTW, I'm loving every moment on Panther :D

Michael Ignacio
  2. scottwat macrumors regular

Oct 9, 2003
    Ohio USA

First thing in itunes you can double click on the field you would like to edit. If I'm not mistaken this will edit the ID3 tag, basically a little tag of information that comes up and identifies the song. You can do this on all of the fields related to the mp3. ie. artist, title, album, genre, etc.

and to open up multiple browsers in safari you just need to go to new window or cmd(open apple key) and N. I personally like the tabbed browsing features you can enable those by going to safari - preferences or cmd - ,(comma) and go to tabs and select enable tabbed browsing. you can create new tabs by file - new tab, or cmd - t.
    Hope this helps,
  3. abhishekit macrumors 65816

Nov 6, 2003
    akron , ohio
    Ctrl+click or right click on any song, select get info, there under 'Info' tab you can edit song name , artist etc etc. You can select multiple songs, and still do the same to change the album name , year and stuff for all songs of an album.

4. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

Jun 6, 2003
    Solon, OH
    I thought I should expand on this.
    To access a window for editing multiple tags at once, you can also use the Command+I keyboard shortcut. Command is the key with the Apple logo on it.
    Once you've enabled tabbed browsing in Safari, Command-clicking a link will open it in a new tab rather than a new window.
    Here's another Safari tip: if you want to download a file, but QuickTime Player (or some other plugin) handles it by default, and you also hate to use the contextual menu, try Option-clicking the link to the file. The Option key is marked "option" and is located to the left of the space bar.
  5. MBlue thread starter macrumors newbie

Jun 24, 2004

Thanks for the help! I really do appreciate it!! :)