iTunes Music Card - Do They Expire?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by HelixOmnimedia, Jan 28, 2007.

1. HelixOmnimedia
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

Hello,

I was cleaning out my desk drawer and found a $50 iTune Music Card which I bought September last year, and was wondering if it expires?

Thanks

2. Jeonat
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

3. ghall
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68040

ghall

I could be wrong, but I don't think it can expire until a year after you enter the code on iTunes. Again, I could be very wrong, so don't quote me on that.

4. Jeonat
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors regular

So according to this, 2 years from date of issue or last activity on your account if you've redeemed it.

5. kymac
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 6502a

kymac

Can you use itunes cards to purchase things from an apple store? It states that you can't purchase from the online store, but does this exclude in- store items aswell?

6. almabanuelos
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors newbie

No, iTunes cards are only for iTunes store purchases. They cannot be redeemed for anything else - they cannot be transferred from one account to another either (for e.g. split the credit or transfer credit between accounts)

7. Le Big Mac
    Expand Collapse
    macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

In many US states (not applicable to OP) it cannot ever expire. California is such a state, so it may apply throughout the US. Not sure about UK.

I can say that when I loaded mine into my account, I went quite some time before using it up. I did however have iTunes account activity (downloading free and paid songs).