Itunes Music not in the right order

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Maynerd, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Maynerd macrumors regular

Hi folks,

I have some MP3s that were ripped on my PC that I wanted to bring over to my Mac. The album information wasn't set up very well so I had to fix the ID tags on them. So my process was this. I copied the files into itunes. I then edited the ID tags. For some reason it is listing the tracks out of order. More specifically one track out of order. In Itunes it lists the album order like this.

I looked at the ID information and everything that I can tell looks right and that the song is in as track #6 however itunes will not put it in the right order. Anyone know why this would be happening?

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

There has to be something different about the tag on that track...it could be as minor as a space that you're not noticing. Try highlighting all 13 tracks and editing the tags. If the info is the same for all 13 tracks, that text will be listed in the field. If the info differs for even one of the tracks, the field will be blank. That should give you a hint of where to look for the change that needs to be made.

3. Maynerd thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks I'll try that when I get home.

4. Maynerd thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks Wildcowboy. That method helped me to figure it out. The track that was fubard was missing the disc 1 of 1 section :)

THANKS!