iTunes Music Store error

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sethypoo, Feb 1, 2005.

1. sethypoo macrumors 68000

I recently moved into a new apartment and got basic broadband internet for Cox Communications. I have my cable modem hooked up to my Airport Express, and my PowerBook receives the internet just fine. However, when I try to purchase a song in the iTunes Music Store, I get about 8-10 seconds into the download, and then I get a error message reading that "there was an error downloading your music. An unknown error occured (-50)." It then says to use the Advance menu option to check for purchased music. I do, and the same thing happens.

I've tried restarting, waiting until later, and purchasing other songs. Nothing works. If I take my computer to a friends or my family's internet connection (their's is from Charter communications) my music will download just fine.

Any suggestions as to how to fix this?
    Thank you,
    Seth

2. sethypoo thread starter macrumors 68000

Could this be a problem with my ports?

(Bump, by the way). :) :eek:

3. sethypoo thread starter macrumors 68000

Sorry mods, but I really need some help on this topic. Bumpity-bump-bump. :eek:

4. MacFan26 macrumors 65816

MacFan26

I've seen a rise in these erros lately, someone suggested that maybe it's due to all the traffic from the Pepsi deal, but I don't know if that's really the issue. I've gotten those same errors using Cox Communications, but found that "trying again later" always works. Strange that it works on other people's computers and just not yours...I guess I can't really be of much (any) help :eek:

5. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

Could this be a problem with the DNS servers?