iTunes Music Store "Just For You" section

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Doctor Q, Feb 7, 2006.

1. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Apple's "Just For You" section is a new feature of the iTunes Music Store, currently flagged "Beta".

A "Just for You" section on the iTMS home page lists a selection of Apple recommendations based on your other music. Clicking "See All" or the "Just For You" label takes you to a "Just For You" store page with a more detailed list of recommendations.

The "Just For You" store page lists purchases you have made and recommended albums, with a playlist of recommended songs. "Already Own It" and "Don't Like It" buttons let you remove selections, which are replaced by new recommendations.

Apple has solicited feedback on the feature with a Recommendations Feedback web page:

2. Doctor Q thread starter Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I'm guessing that the recommendations are based on your purchase history, not on your viewing habits in the Store or your use of the MiniStore.

3. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Yup... exactly. This was introduced with the nano, I think... I love Just For you!

If you go through, you can tag stuff as "don't like it" or "already own it"

it's a fast learner and pretty neat.. I've wasted so much money on recommendations from it! :D