iTunes Music Store non-responsive and/or slow

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by JeDiBoYTJ, Dec 25, 2004.

1. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

Anyone else experiencing a slow down in the iTunes Music Store? I keep trying to download a couple songs, and I keep getting a 'connection refused' error. its been happening all day (x-mas), and I barely got 2 songs downloaded today. when I got those downloaded, they downloaded at full speed, so I dont think its my connection. Also this is the first time i've seen that error in over a year.

also, i called my g/f's house, shes having the same problem... im assuming this has to do with all the iTunes Gift Cards that are being redeemed?

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

It's been fine for me today (UK Store of course). Been downloading happily from the store at 500kb/sec :D

3. JeDiBoYTJ thread starter macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

yeah, im on the US store. It just doesnt make sense... I can preview the 30 second samples quickly, but it keeps 'refusing' or having an 'unknown error' when I want to buy.

4. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Gymnut

Same problem here. I'm glad it's not just me since after installing Earthlink Total Access to combat my spam problem I thought it messed up my network settings.

5. greenleaf macrumors member

yea definetly not working rght in the U.S
    i finally got through after 4 times :rolleyes:

6. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

Yup I got my brother a gift certificate, trying to show him how cool this store is, and he's not thinking it is the most reliable thing right now. I guess maybe this is a good sign though? Maybe this store is just swamped cuz so many people got iPods / gift cards / gift certificates today?

-Kevin

7. Jo-Kun macrumors 6502a

hmmz, yes the iTunes store freaks out today... yesterday I got 'server' problems. today I login to the BELGIAN store and when I want to redeem my Gift Certificate... they tell me: its for the belgian store, not the us store and log me out... but I am in the belgian store.. go figure :p

I think I'll have to wait a few days when newyear has passed too and then check again if the belgian store really is the belgian store :p hahaha

Anyway Merry Xmas & Happy newyear everybody!

J

8. iGary Guest

iGary

.Mac was down yesterday sporadically as well...I think the iTunes servers were probably inundated by people with $15 gift cards.

9. applekid macrumors 68020

Yesterday, it was trouble trying to log-in all day. I did get to log-in once. But, previewing and navigating the iTMS went perfectly fine. Odd. :confused: