itunes music store raising prices?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jjh5, May 24, 2005.

1. jjh5 macrumors newbie

Is it just me or has the ITMS raised it's prices on entire albums? I noticed that the new golliraz album is $12.99. One of the major reasons I put up with itunes DRM music is that I could get an entire album for $9.99. Are these price increases new?!? :confused:

I feel as if it is only a matter of time before the greedy record execs push apple into a corner with their music pricing. Is this the beginning of the end for affordable itunes music downloads?

2. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

There are several albums above 10 bucks and have been for awhile, nothing new.

3. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

Different record labels might be requesting more money for the albums. Also, don't forget many albums come with more music than others and most recent albums also have videos.

4. Maxiseller macrumors 6502a

Maxiseller

The whole video thing is most likely a ploy to increase costs.

I think Apple has been given a hammering by record companies to lower prices else the pull out. Part of the deal is that they include "extras" to raise the price. A bit of good marketing.

Sucks.

But, having said that, listening to music is a liberating experience. It is only right that we pay for other people's hard work and talent.