iTunes/Music Store/Shopping Cart problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TechnoPagan, Jun 4, 2006.

1. TechnoPagan macrumors regular

Feb 2, 2006
    I was going to buy a tune a few weeks ago, didn't have the gift certificate with me, so I set it up to go in a Shopping Cart.

Now I can't seem to access my Shopping Cart. When I click on the option, I get an error message:

This is happening on both computers, one running OS 10.3.5 and one running 10.4.5. The computer running 10.4.5 (the laptop) is running iTunes 6.0.3. There doesn't seem to be any other updates for iTunes. I've tried rebooting several times. Any ideas?
  2. AvSRoCkCO1067 macrumors 65816

Sep 6, 2005
    I tried to purchase an episode of the 'Chapelle' show tonight - it gave me the same error. The Music Store is probably down for some updating - try again in an hour or two.

By the way - the music store being down occasionally hints at major updates, although this time it's probably for minor fixes...
  3. TechnoPagan thread starter macrumors regular

Feb 2, 2006
    Actually, I;ve been trying for about two weeks now. I just tried again and I'm getting the same error message.

Does anyone know what a 5002 error is?

Should I delete iTunes (gulp) and reinstall?
  4. Huze macrumors newbie

May 3, 2005
    I've been having the same problem. I click on the Shopping Cart icon and it just takes me to a blank page.
  5. ecbtln818 macrumors newbie

Jun 12, 2006
    Same Problem

I am having the same problem as you, whenever i click on the music store shopping cart it returns error 5002. I know that it has nothing to do with the actual itunes file because i have tried both on a 10.4.6 OS X and on Windows XP. I guess it has something to do with our accounts. For me it has been going on for about a week now. My temporary bypass is if i want to buy a song to change the pref to one click purchasing
  6. jordango macrumors newbie

Jun 19, 2006
    Having this same problem

has anyone found a solution to this?
  7. sturigdson macrumors regular

Apr 3, 2006
    I, too, am interested in a solution. Driving me crazy.

Users in a AppleInsider forum have reported that by simply opening preferences, enabling One-Click Purchasing, closing preferences, reopening it, reenabling Shopping Cart - that this sequence can clear this up.

No luck for me.

5002 is a historical error number, so there are a number of bugs reported through the history of itunes. maybe, for instance, your computer's name is too long... or maybe you have a "hangup" in your shopping cart...

But again, nothing works for me...

Anybody have any new information? Have you guys gotten it to work yet? I'm tired of pretending it's going to fix itself...
  8. Counterfit macrumors G3

Aug 20, 2003
    sitting on your shoulder