iTunes Music Store songs disappearing?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by SilentPanda, Dec 23, 2003.

1. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

That's probably not the most descriptive topic but... anyway.

I had purchased the album "Varekai" by "Cirque Du Soleil" off the iTunes Music Store. Don't worry. I still have the songs. But the other day I went to see if they had any more "Cirque Du Soleil" albums but I could no longer even find the one I had bought! It appears that the album I bought is no longer available. Has anybody else noticed any previous purchases disappearing from the store? Does anybody care to guess why (I'm assuming nobody *knows* why)? Just seems sort of weird to me.

2. ftaok macrumors 601

ftaok

Yeah,

I noticed that the Sarah Maclachlan Live EP lost a song. Originally, it had all 5 songs available. Now, the 5th song is gone.

Luckily, I bought it when all 5 were at the store.

3. SilentPanda thread starter Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

Another thing I noticed that sort of annoyed me was when Dido's newest album was released the last track wasn't available. Then a week later that album was at the same price with the missing track. So I ended up buying the whole album on release then the additional track for $0.99... weird.

4. ITR 81 macrumors 65816

Possible glitch on their Servers maybe?
    Either that or the artist wanted it removed or their label wanted it to be removed so they could probably put it on new EP or as bonus track of a CD.

5. Makosuke macrumors 603

I've heard from a few people that they occasionally pull songs that have some sort of glitch in them. Those probably disappear abruptly when somebody complains, then reappear later after being re-encoded. That might've been what happened with that Dido album--there was a bum track that they didn't "fix" till after you bought it.

The other possibility, like ITR 81 said, is that the artist or studio complained for some reason. No doubt happens frequently, though one suspects it'll get less common as online music selling becomes a standard part of contracts.