iTunes music videos are not playing smooth

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Kyle Nerder, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Kyle Nerder macrumors regular

Kyle Nerder

Hello,
    I had to go and test out the music videos on the new Itunes! This lead to a huge dissappointment. The video played really rough and jammed up my iTunes :mad:

I run a 700mhz iBook, fully loaded to 640mb of ram. Everything is up to date. I also noticed that all my dvd copies on my external HD (7200rpm) play like junk in the new Quicktime. What can be done to get things rocking again? :confused:

Hopefully I will have the new iMac G5 soon and all the world's problems will be solved...

2. tvguru macrumors 6502

Just so you know you should be able to bump that babies ram up a bit as per my sig. In case you wanted too.

As for you problem I haven't tried running them on my iBook but they work fine on my iMac. Although they are rough at full screen. :p

3. briangig macrumors regular

4. Kyle Nerder thread starter macrumors regular

Kyle Nerder

Yep. It's a G3. Barely enough to cut butter in todays standards. :rolleyes: Is there anything I can do to bump it up?

5. illw!l macrumors member

Choppy Seas

Im in the same boat as you:

G3 700mhz iBook with 640MB of RAM; Choppy playback.

I had never caught any episodes of Lost despite having heard such great things about it. Naturally, being a fan of Apple, I purchased the first ep. off of iTunes.

Episode 2 will not be purchased until I have a newer computer to run it on.

Thanks for posting, as now I know that I am not the only person who is observing inadequate playback on a G3 iBook.

6. Kyle Nerder thread starter macrumors regular

Kyle Nerder

I KNOW that the older QuickTime was better. I could play my dvd rips so smoothly. This new one uses too much resources. :mad: I wonder if I can back track to like 2 versions ago. anyone?

7. Kyle Nerder thread starter macrumors regular

Kyle Nerder

I KNOW that the older QuickTime was better. I could play my dvd rips so smoothly. This new one uses too much resources. :mad: I wonder if I can back track to like 2 versions ago. anyone?

8. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

On my 1.5 GHZ G4, the iTunes videos take a bit to load, and they get sluggish, if you try to do lots of other stuff. They are really processor intensive, for anything other than a G5.

9. twentyeight7 macrumors member

i think video support is just really crappy right now in itunes. on my 15" 1.5 G4 resize dosent work well and pause and play take a sec or two. seems like they really rushed 5.0 and 6.0 out the door

Chris