iTunes NEED SOME HELP PLEASE

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by wakerider017, Dec 31, 2006.

1. wakerider017 macrumors 68000

wakerider017

Hey guys.

I had bought a bunch of cd's back when I owned a Windows PC and ripped them all onto my computer.

When I got a Mac I burned all those folders of music to a DVD and imported them into iTunes.

It went pretty good except some songs didn't get grouped into music CD's like the rest.

Out of 1000 or so songs 50 or so did not get grouped.

See picture below:

What do you think I should do? Is there a quick way to fix this besides editing all the songs individually?

[​IMG]

2. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Fifty songs doesn't seem like too many to try to edit. Have you tried Advanced>Get CD Track Names ?

3. Aniej macrumors 68000

Aniej

agreed 5o is not to bad, but not so great. If you are just trying to get them to be albums or grouped or music, something like that can be done by selecting all 50 and hen hitting get info. it will apply your changes to all 50 assuming there is a universal designation you want to provide for these.

4. wakerider017 thread starter macrumors 68000

wakerider017

NICE!!!!

Did know you could do that!

5. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

I'm with Aniej...work in list mode, and work in from greatest commonality (say genre), inwards toward album name and artist selecting as many as possible to edit at one time.

I once had the crazy idea that I wanted my canto-pop collection to be in chinese...so imagine editing 200+ songs titles while searching the web for the titles, and not even being able to understand chinese but just being tired of seeing track 1,2,3,etc. Suddenly 50 songs doesn't seem so bad, huh?