iTunes: New Playlist from Selection

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Greencardman, Oct 20, 2005.

1. Greencardman macrumors 6502

Ok, I used that feature a lot, and now it doesn't have its own key command. Is it just hidden? Alternatively, whats the quickest way to get albums from your library into their own playlist. Am i missing something basic here?

2. Greencardman thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm on a PC. And it used to be ctl-shift-n, but in iTunes 6 its not.

3. Cinematographer macrumors 6502a

Cinematographer

Still works for me on the mac.

4. Greencardman thread starter macrumors 6502

hmm... do you have iTunes 6? I just get a new folder. Which is nice, but i really want to find out how to get a new playlist from selection. Its still in my menu, it just doesn't have key commands next to it like everything else.

Edit: On another note, whats the quickest way to get albums scanned into the library into thier own playlists?

5. sreedy macrumors 6502a

I'm running iTunes 6 on my iBook and on the XP pc next to me and yes it looks like that feature doesn't have a shortcut in iTunes for Windows:

Attached Files:

• win.jpg
      win.jpg
      File size:
      22 KB
      Views:
    • osx.jpg
      osx.jpg
      File size:
      18.4 KB
      Views:
  6. Greencardman thread starter macrumors 6502

Arrrg! PC's get screwed! haha, kidding. Anyways, so does anyone have any ideas for making almulms in the library into playlists? For some reason, i like to have all my albulms as thier own playlists, so i don't have to go find them in the library. Is there a way to have every almulm listed in the library automatically made into its own playlist? Or am i doomed to go through one by one and select them, click on the menu, select.... arrrrggg kill me now :)

7. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Why don't you just turn on the Browser window and scroll through by album? That way you can keep your playlists for playlists.

What about shift-N and then dragging the songs onto the new playlist?

8. killmoms macrumors 68040

killmoms

I'd assume, like many, his library isn't tagged well enough to do that.

Oh, the horrors I've seen... :eek:

9. Greencardman thread starter macrumors 6502

I can do the browser thing, but its also nice to have them as separate playlists, because when i share my music, i only share certain playlists, so its nice to be able to pick and choose. The shift-n thing i think would take longer. When you make a playlist from selection, if you only have an albulm selected, it automatically names the playlist for you by artist and album, which is really nice, no cutting and pasting. It only works when you make sure all songs selected are in the same album though, but still, i liked it.