iTunes noise after 10.2.4

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by FelixDerKater, Feb 19, 2003.

1. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

Has anyone experienced some high-pitched popping or cracking noises when listening to iTunes at full volume after the 10.2.4 update?

2. FredAkbar macrumors 6502a

FredAkbar

No problems here...are you sure that the problem is iTunes-specific? (Like, if you play something really loudly in a program other than iTunes, does it work? That may sound like a dumb question for me to ask, but I'm just making sure.)

--Fred

3. benixau macrumors 65816

benixau

i have popping. My machine is an MDD2002. i just assumed that the cds were scratched and i hd just not heard it before. maybe i was wrong!

ps. i am an audio engineer so i can tell you - it aint from having it up too loud.

4. zoetropeuk macrumors regular

I have the popping as well on an 2002MDD. But I've had the problem since I bought the G4, and it came installed with 10.2 .

5. buseman macrumors regular

Do you have the machine connected to an Airport network while the popping occurs? Are you using USB audio like the Soundsticks? That is known to cause troubles on some comps.

6. benixau macrumors 65816

benixau

ok, i have never heard the pop prob before .2.4. I am too povo to afford an airport card. i am using the headphone port at the front of the mac. my logitech speakers are in the line out plug at the back but are off. I have noticed more prominently when i use a CD rather than MP3

7. FelixDerKater thread starter macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

I have an AirPort card, but it is turned off right now. No USB audio.