Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mrmartin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 3, 2006
Cambridge, MA
hey,

I have a rather annoying problem with iTunes and o clue how to fix it... :confused:

After trying to import a xml library file, my iTunes started displaying everything (except the menu bar on the top of the screen) in what looks like a mix of Arabic characters and simple nonsense - song information, playlist names, categories... I have attached a screenshot of the whole mess.
Bottom line: I can't really listen to any music because I can't tell any songs. :mad: This is just iTunes, any other iLife app works just fine.

I have tried reinstalling iTunes but that didn't fix the problem. There's been a similar issue mentioned already (https://forums.macrumors.com/archive/index.php/t-167811.html) a while ago. I have installed new fonts as well but iTunes continued to work fine for several days afterwards until the fatal xml importing attempt.

Any help or advice wold be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

-martin

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    157.1 KB · Views: 114

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
You might try searching the forums. There must be 10 threads on this. If you use Advanced search, you can specify an older timeframe and a lot of other things.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.