Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

imnotatfault

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 26, 2004
So I couldn't get push to work with my Outlook account (Exchange server enabled), and I saw that in iTunes, the account wasn't listed in the appropriate section in the iPod Touch settings. I tried deleting the account from the iPod Touch thinking maybe it would then show up in that field. Nope.

So I reentered manually, but I still just can't get push working.

Any ideas?

Shanesan

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2006
So I couldn't get push to work with my Outlook account (Exchange server enabled), and I saw that in iTunes, the account wasn't listed in the appropriate section in the iPod Touch settings. I tried deleting the account from the iPod Touch thinking maybe it would then show up in that field. Nope.

So I reentered manually, but I still just can't get push working.

Any ideas?

I'm sort of wondering how Apple expected Push to work on the iPod Touch in the first place.

I mean, we're on wireless. Always changing IP addresses, etc, while a phone is not.

imnotatfault

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 26, 2004
I'm sort of wondering how Apple expected Push to work on the iPod Touch in the first place.

I mean, we're on wireless. Always changing IP addresses, etc, while a phone is not.

being connected to wifi should work, though. i mean, it works in outlook.

and shouldn't the account at least show up under itunes regardless of whether it's synced to my ipod? my calendars are there...

Dnz

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2009
Im having this issue now - Itunes doesnt think I have an outlook email account, even tho it I do.. We run 2003 with outlook exchange..

ericvmazzone

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2008
Kalamazoo, MI
Im having this issue now - Itunes doesnt think I have an outlook email account, even tho it I do.. We run 2003 with outlook exchange..

Are you trying to have you desktop push emails to your iPhone? Or are you trying to get your iPhone to access an exchange server?

Please provide more details about what you are trying to do.

Dnz

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2009
Sorry -

I want it to be like when I use gmail via wifi..

except with my workplace outlook (with usb cable).

I cant see it in the info tab at the moment which makes no sense?

ericvmazzone

macrumors regular
Dec 9, 2008
Kalamazoo, MI
Sorry -

I want it to be like when I use gmail via wifi..

except with my workplace outlook (with usb cable).

I cant see it in the info tab at the moment which makes no sense?

So you want your desktop to push emails to your iPhone like gmail?

No possible. You have to configure your iPhone to fetch the mail from the exchange serve as if it was another computer. You must do this on the iPhone itself, you can't load the setting through iTunes.

Check the settings for the exchange server in Outlook, but do not make any changes and when you're done click cancel. On your iPhone add those same settings as a new email account under microsoft exchange. That should get you, but it might not be push. I don't believe push is capable with the iPhone and exchange at this time. But this will get you most of the way there with email and only email. Calendars are a different matter.

Dnz

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2009
Hi - I dont care about push..

All I want to do, is,

Connect Ipod to Itunes.

Itunes syncs. And adds mail.

The tab for 'info' where you select outlook to sync calendar and contacts, does not think that I have a Mail account. Both in outlook and outlook exchange, my accounts are not visible..

Thats my problem..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.