iTunes Not Recognizing CD Burner

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by MacKenzie999, Apr 4, 2004.

1. MacKenzie999 macrumors regular

Hi folks...

My gf just got an external cd burner, the LaCie FireWire CDRW / Porsche, for her iBook (OS10.2.6, G3/500mhz, 128mb RAM).

The problem is that iTunes will not recognize the drive, although Toast will.

As a test, I plugged the drive into my desktop G4, same OS, same version of iTunes (4.2). iTunes recognized it immediately without installing any of the LaCIE software and had no problem burning with it.

I suspect the skimpy RAM may be the culprit, although as I said Toast had no problem with it. I don't know if this matters but in trying to solve this problem I have upgraded her OS to 10.2.6 and her iTunes to 4.2.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    -Mike

2. vouder17 macrumors 6502a

vouder17

I had the same problem with my Lite-on CD writer but then as soon as i updated to 10.3.3 iTunes started to recognize it so i assume that the problem is in the drivers or something. So what i recommend you do is update to 10.2.8 or get Panther(which is realy worth the upgrade) That should hopefully solve your problem. You could also go to LaCie's website and check for drivers there.