iTunes not recognizing my AOL account!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MykullMyerz, Dec 11, 2006.

1. MykullMyerz macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

Does iTunes on Mac have problems with AOL or something because every time I attempt to log in with my AOL username and password it says, "The AOL screen name you entered couldn't be found or your password was incorrect. Please try again." I never had this problem on my PC and I log in to AOL everyday so I know my screename and password are just fine. Can anyone tell me what's going on?

2. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Where in iTunes do you ever need to enter in an AOL account? I'm confused.

3. MykullMyerz thread starter macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

If you're an aol subscriber, when you purchase music you have the option of having it billed to your AOL account instead of creating an Apple account.

4. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Ah, OK, I didn't know that was an option. So, you're switching from iTunes on a PC to iTunes for Mac and when you log into the iTMS (Music Store) you get a new error that you've not gotten when using it on a PC?

Do you have access to a PC with iTunes to verify that it works as normal on that platform? I would think that the iTMS would be iTunes-platform independent.

5. MykullMyerz thread starter macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

No, I haven't tried that. To be honest I've barely looked at my PC since I got a Mac. But that's a good idea.

6. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I just checked to see if my AOL account works in iTunes... I normally use my Apple account. It recognized my s/n and password, but it told me my country (which is set to USA in iTunes) is not supported... :confused:

7. MykullMyerz thread starter macrumors 6502

MykullMyerz

Wow, this is really interesting. I guess I have to create an Apple account because today is the last day to preorder this album I want.

8. CapMarvel macrumors newbie

I check out this site at least 2x a week but now I have a question of my own and hope I can piggyback on this initial question…

My iTunes is doing the same—no longer recognizing my old AOL account therefore I can’t access a large amount of purchased music.

When I first got my iPod and iTunes about 3 years ago I had an AOL account. But for the last 12 months I’ve had a Mac account. Everything’s been fine then one day I go to play a song and it tells me I’m not authorized and displays my old AOL address. I enter the appropriate information for my AOL account, it says it doesn’t recognize it. I know the info is correct as I had an AOL account for almost 10 (unfortunate) years. When I entered my Mac account thinking I’d made a mistake, it tells me ‘authorization successful’ but I’m still unable to play my music.

Anybody know why this would suddenly be the case? I haven’t done anything different that I’m aware of. I’m thinking I’m going to have to place a call to Customer Care.

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

That'd be my suggestion...good luck!

10. CapMarvel macrumors newbie

Yeah, I figured that’s my best bet and I’m dreading it. Seems like this is a popular problem in some form or another.