iTunes not responding

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by saga, Sep 23, 2006.

1. saga macrumors regular

Hey all,
    Every once in a while I will come across a cd that my macbook will have difficulty importing into iTunes. These cd's get stuck on one song, and iTunes will not import. I can hear my optical drive going and going, and trying to import, but nothing happens. When I force quit, the window says iTunes not responding. When I put the same cd into my emac it will import with no problem most of the time. This has happened to me with four cd's. As I post this, one of the cd's in which my macbook had difficulty, my emac is now having difficulty. To make a long story short (too late), should I be worried aabout my optical drive on my macbook? I thiink I just answered my question, by observing my emac having difficulties as well. It looks like it might be the cd's, and not the drive.

2. rogerw macrumors 6502

ive had exactly this a few times on my mbp

ive got an imac g5/1st gen mac mini and a G4 imac......never had this b4.

3. alexstein macrumors 6502a

alexstein

That problem sometimes occurs when the cd are scratched or dirty.

4. Frisco macrumors 68020

CDs/DVDs can be cleaned with a windex and a paper towel.

5. saga thread starter macrumors regular

The cd's are clean, but as I stated somtimes it will work in my emac drive, but not in my macbook drive. Some of the newer cd's have a bunch of art on the cd itself, causing the disk to be a bit thicker. Could this have anything to do with it? I know it sounds crazy, but I wonder.