iTunes not updated... usher in the 4G store!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by chameeeleon, Apr 26, 2005.

1. chameeeleon macrumors 6502

Is it just me, or has the Music Store's Front Page not been updated today. They've added new music that can be seen by clicking "See All" on the New Release bar (which is showing last week's newbies), but there are no new free singles of the week, and like I said the bars and headlines still show last week's.
    This was exactly what happened last year on the Tuesday before iTunes' anniversary - then on Wednesday, the 3G store and iTunes 4.5 came out. Is Apple just taking their time updating the store this week, or will the anniversary Thursday bring iTunes surprises?
    I'd love another free single every day to celebrate like last year.

2. Superdrive macrumors 6502a

Superdrive

I noticed that this morning and was not too happy. Normally I am online at 0001 Tuesday morning so I can get my tunes or at least start spending my Pepsi caps. Still into today, it is everything I had seen last week.

The thing that concerns me, is that there are no rumbles anywhere about music store changes. Well hopefully Thursday will have something ground breaking.

-TJ

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i found this odd as well, not sure to make of it, whether its just being slow updating it, or if something bigger is coming along

4. Superdrive macrumors 6502a

Superdrive

I'm hoping much bigger, but expecting Apple just being slow. Maybe they are fixing the network from all those damn Music Store Errors.

5. chameeeleon thread starter macrumors 6502

I would also be glad just to see the end of those errors.
    But I remember this happened when they added the Canadian store too, so at least this is semi-confirmation of new stores opening. A music store overhaul would be way better though (especially a serious music video section that gears to gun down the very anti-Mac Launch. I'm talking a full catalogue, search, top 10, h264 here).

6. chameeeleon thread starter macrumors 6502

It's updated now...
    Well, it was a good theory. I still have hope for iTunes surprises on Thursday.

7. Wasgo macrumors newbie

I think they finally got rights to a whole new catalogue. In the Canadian store at least, they finally added the full sets for Foo Fighters, White Stripes and Moby.

8. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

High-Res QT video store coming on Friday with the release of Tiger??

9. chameeeleon thread starter macrumors 6502

I doubt it - too soon for a video store, and I doubt it'd be in iTunes - Quicktime seems the better choice. I would however (as I said before) love to see a much more expansive and better organized high-definition (h264) music videos section with a fullscreen play option.