iTunes not updating with clean Leopard install

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by GermanyChris, Sep 24, 2012.

1. macrumors 601

GermanyChris

I just reinstalled Leopard after reinstalling the SSD and low and behold iTunes won't update. So I go to the MacBook pro and it does update with out issue.

Maybe that application host server needs to happen, I found a place to download 10.6.3 and I wont get rid of it but maybe it's time to collect iTunes the Tiger and Leopard combo updates etc.

2. macrumors P6

Intell

3. macrumors 6502

Zedsdead185

Since iTunes 10.7 came out, powerpc has not been able to automatically update itunes. I tried it this week on a new (well, old :p) iMac G4. I eventually found iTunes 10.6.3 floating around somewhere on the internet.
    I had the same thought as you, and every PPC version of an application I have found since, I have archived on an external hard drive so I can use again with out any worries of it disappearing. Haven't thought about doing it with the actual Leopard updates yet though.

4. thread starter macrumors 601

GermanyChris

Attached Files:

5. macrumors P6

Intell

My G5 with iTunes 10.2 installed is still asking me to install 10.6.3. If I click the install button, it starts downloading 10.6.3.

6. thread starter macrumors 601

GermanyChris

Since 10.7 came out, it was fine 2 weeks ago but not now.

7. macrumors 6502

Zedsdead185

There must be something more to it then because as i mentioned in a previous post, I did a fresh install of Leopard on an iMac G4 this week and iTunes would not update anymore with software update. I had to locate 10.6.3 on the internet and install it manually.
    It has only been since 10.7 was released that this is happening though. I did a fresh leopard install on an iBook G4 about a month ago and it did update iTunes normally through software update then.