iTunes on a mac

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by qzak, Mar 28, 2005.

1. qzak macrumors 6502

so everytime i go to change the file info through iTunes on a song it changes, but then as soon as i click to play it it changes all the info back to what it was. why?! on my pc i could change it to anything i wanted and it stayed that way, is there some option i'm not seeing in iTunes thats making it do this on my mac?

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I believe the problem is that the file you're trying to edit information for has been marked read-only somehow. Select the problematic song and choose Show Song File in one of the iTunes menus (or navigate to the root of your music collection if multiple songs are misbehaving). Once the song or folder is selected, Get Info (found in the File menu of Finder) on it and check the permissions. If they aren't set to "Read & Write", change them so they are, click "Apply to enclosed items" and confirm that you want to do this.

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i had this happen to me too when i brought some MP3s over from my PC to my mac, took me forever to figure out what the problem was!!! i was so happy when i figured out i only had to change the read/write status