Itunes on Macbook Air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by superstarmc, Aug 5, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

I'm thinking about getting a macbook air, mostly for college purposes. I was wondering does anyone have thier iphone synced to your macbook air? I'm wondering how itunes affects the performance of a MBA. Does it make the machine slugish at all. If so I may leave my itunes library on my older computer and just store documents or photos on the air. Thanks.

2. macrumors 6502

anonymous6237

I've switched my primary iTunes library to be on the Air. Previously I had it on an external HDD and I still keep my complete library on there but I sync my phone with the one entirely on the Air's SSD.

I haven't had any problems with iTunes on my base 13". Now if this was a windows laptop with the same specs iTunes would crawl but it runs so much better on a mac. You should be fine. (I would recommend 4GB of Ram as a general rule of thumb though...the 2GB Ram models just don't have enough IMO)

3. macrumors member

No issues. I have iTunes always open on a 2nd desktop and iPhoto almost always open on a 3rd desktop.

4. macrumors 6502

I run iTunes 24/7 on my Macbook Air with 2gb ram.

5. macrumors newbie

Not sluggish :)

6. macrumors regular

No issues here. Recently moved my library from a high end gaming PC running Windows 7, and iTunes FLIES on the MBA in comparison.

7. macrumors 6502

Variant

iTunes received a major performance overhall for Lion, so it runs just fine on the Air.

8. macrumors member

No need to worry, your MBA will handle it fine. I ran my ITunes on my original version MBA with no problems at all for almost two years. When I got my MBA 13 with SSD, I moved all my work on to that machine and now use it exclusively to synch my IPhone, IPod, and to hold all my ITunes files.

I think the SSD makes the synching process a bit faster, although it was not slow even on the original with only 2GB of RAM.

9. macrumors 68040

Cynicalone

The SSD will make iTunes fly.

10. macrumors member

its iTunes. of course it'll run great on the new macbook airs. They are both made by the same company you know.

11. macrumors newbie

i have got 110 gbs of music on my air (in iTunes obviously), runs like a charm!