iTunes on Sony Ericsson Phones for Music Playback

Discussion in 'iPod' started by sebaz, Oct 2, 2005.

1. sebaz macrumors member

Inspired by the recent events of iTunes been spotted on PSPs as well, I decided to put iTunes on my T616. More like a proof of concept, and idea all made possible by photoshop.

It would be mostly control by the center joystick and pressing "in" would give your library. Side buttons would be used as the volume control.

I liked how it came out, what you guys think?

[​IMG]

My Blog Post

2. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

Dont know... the image doesn't show up in the thread ;)

3. sebaz thread starter macrumors member

Fixed now :)

4. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

There's alot of wasted space (being used by the brushed metal) that i think could be better used, maybe increase the height of the faux-lcd display.

5. FightTheFuture macrumors 6502a

FightTheFuture

you're killing me with this. i keep drooling over the walkman phone and shunning the iTunes phone. if only iTunes were available on the w800i rather than the built in music browser - then i would drop $500 right then and there.

iTunes on the ROKR is simply firmware right? isn't it only a matter of time till someone hacks other phones to load iTunes/mobile? i think a lot of people want that - someone already made a script to mount the w800i in iTunes.

6. sebaz thread starter macrumors member

That is true, although I was going for a more of an iTunes display, instead of an iPod like.

Yes although iTunes is just built into the firmware of the ROKR phone, I believe it will be extremely hard to see it outside any Motorola phone. Why? because by the most part it has been programmed for Moto phones, using whatever language and instructions that may only be accessible to those phones.

Now if iTunes where just written in Java...hmmmm