iTunes only plays CHECKED songs...

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by YoNadz, Jan 5, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

All the songs that are synced onto my iPhone are check marked in iTunes. When playing songs in iTunes, it only plays the checked songs. Is there a ways to make it also shuffle in uncheck songs when playing through iTunes?? Thanks in advance for the help!

2. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No. iTunes will only play through checked songs.

3. thread starter macrumors regular

dumb

4. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's not dumb. It's the way it's designed. If you want to include songs in a shuffle or playlist playing, make sure they're checked. If you want to exclude songs so they won't play, uncheck them. It's really very simple.

5. macrumors 65816

Is there a "check all" option? Sometimes I'm not sure if I accidentally unchecked a song, but definitely wouldn't want to browse through my 15000+ songs library to look for any unchecked songs...

6. macrumors 6502a

Cameront9

Highlight a song in the list you want to check all. Cmd-A to select all the songs. Right/Control-click and select "check selection" or something like that. You may have to uncheck them all first.

7. macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

1. Select "Music" folder in upper left corner of iTunes.
    2. Command + A to select all
    3. Right-click (or Control+click, if using the trackpad)
    4. Select "Check Selection"
    5. No need to uncheck anything first.

8. macrumors 65816

Thanks!:cool:

9. macrumors 68000

Save yourself some grief and make an iPhone playlist. That way you have a list of all the songs on your iPhone in one place, PLUS you have the ability to shuffle all of your songs without having to mess with 'checkmarking'.

This will also make it loads easier to sync new music or remove 'tired' song from your phone.