iTunes Organization

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by julienko3, Jul 26, 2006.

1. julienko3 macrumors regular

Let's say I just got a MP3 CD from a friend, and I don't know If I like any of the songs on it. How can I play the song and see if I want to add it to my iTunes library, before I just plop it into my library, and screw it all up?

Email me and I'll be more detailed if this doesn't make sense.

Thank you.
    Julien.

2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

insert the disc.
    it will pop up in the "Source" column on the left.
    select the disc as your source. play songs.
    check/uncheck songs you want/don't want or alternetively just drag the songs you want to the 'library' icon in the source list.

3. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

In iTunes > Preferences > Advanced > Importing, for "On CD Insert" select "Show songs" -- This way it'll only import a CD if you want it to.

4. julienko3 thread starter macrumors regular

"insert the disc.
    it will pop up in the "Source" column on the left.
    select the disc as your source. play songs.
    check/uncheck songs you want/don't want or alternetively just drag the songs you want to the 'library' icon in the source list."

See that's the thing... My disc doesn't show up in the source column because it isn't an audio disc. It's a data disc with audio files on it.

5. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

In that case, open the CD in Finder, right-click (Control+Click) the song you want to listen to and select, "Open With..." > Quicktime. This will allow you to listen to each song without ever opening iTunes.

If you decide you want to import that song, just click and drag it's icon to the iTunes icon in your dock.

6. julienko3 thread starter macrumors regular