Itunes Organizing

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by tedrjr03, Nov 17, 2006.

1. tedrjr03 macrumors regular

tedrjr03

I have a ? Ok, i have many single songs downloaded and i wanted to know what to do. i put them all under the same album. i wanted to know is it worth it to put album art for each song? and how do you organize singles? and on the coverflow part if i have a bunch of singles its going to show many albums, how can i prevent this?

Help will be appreciated

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

iTunes will organise your music for you. Don't worry about where the files go or how they are stored.

You can apply album art by selecting all the songs from an album (just highlight them all) and then right-clicking on that highlighted selection of songs. Click on Get Info and you'll get a window where you can input all sorts of information - there'll be a section for album art where you just drag the image. It will apply that image to all the songs you selected.

Singles are just singles I don't know what you mean by "organising singles"

Coverflow will display the album art depending on how you've sorted the list of songs, click on "Albums" and it will show the art for the albums, "Songs" and it will show the art for each song as you flip through etc.

I'm still not too clear if this is the information you need. Can you be a little more forthcoming as to exactly what you mean?

3. Grakkle macrumors 6502a

Grakkle

Don't forget that you can also search for songs in itunes by artist, album, or song name in spotlight. Makes it simple enough.

4. tedrjr03 thread starter macrumors regular

tedrjr03

im sorry i wast clear enough, by singles i meant songs which you have downloaded and dont have the album for. how do you organize these songs?

5. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I just type in the album name they were originally released on.

6. Grakkle macrumors 6502a

Grakkle

You don't need to. When you download them, itunes will automatically sort them by album. What this means is that even if you only have one song from an album you'll still have the folder for that album in itunes. So you don't need to do anything.

Take a look in your itunes music folder - you'll see what I mean.

Oh - are these non-itunes songs? In that case, you might have to enter the information yourself.

7. tedrjr03 thread starter macrumors regular

tedrjr03

yep non-itune songs, so i cause i better start typeing haha

8. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Well, remember you don't have to enter the information one song at a time. If you have a number of songs from the same artist, you can select all those songs in one hit and input the artist name just once - it'll apply it to all the songs you had selected.

9. tedrjr03 thread starter macrumors regular

tedrjr03

ok thanks i think i going to put all the correct artistnames in but name all the albums various.