iTunes party shuffle problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by john_satc, Mar 16, 2005.

1. john_satc macrumors 6502

I have set party shuffle to chose 5 recently played songs and 20 upcoming songs, chosen from my library. But for some reason party shuffle shows 953 of my songs covering some of my music selection. i dont get why, its only set to show 25 max! i have tried the help function but i am getting nothing. any of you guyz and girls got any help? thanks!

2. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

Have you checked that the "source" at the bottom is selected to the library?

3. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

if a refresh and nothing else works, the only other thing i could see of being any use is trashing your iTune's preferences, it might work, but might not

4. john_satc thread starter macrumors 6502

i have checked its on library yep

what do you mean ???

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

well you can delete the preferences for iTunes

the easiest way to do this would be to quit iTunes, open up a finder window and do a search for iTunes, the file that comes up with a .plst is the prefs. trash this and then open iTunes back up and see if it fixed the problem

the reason i suggest this is because something could be messed up in your preferences file that is causing the problem....but then again this might do nothing

6. john_satc thread starter macrumors 6502

i did a screen cap. after doing the search, which of these should i trash, sorry about all the question but i dont want to destroy everything -

Attached Files:

7. Norouzi macrumors 6502

If you wanted you could trash all the ones with the purple lable and be fine since prefrences are simply recreated if you delete them, but the one that's probabily causing the issue (if it is a pref issue) is com.apple.iTunes.plist. That should reset your iTunes Prefrences.

8. john_satc thread starter macrumors 6502

well have deleted the settings and still the same. :( thanks for your help though.

9. moose.boy macrumors member

I've posted a possible fix to this in a later thread.

10. didthat1x macrumors newbie

Party Shuffle (not)

It's even easier than searches and file deletes. With Party Shuffle selected, use CTL-A to highlight all songs in your shuffle list. Then hit Delete. You will be prompted to confirm deletion from the Playlist ONLY. Click OK and your Shuffle will automatically refresh to the settings at the bottom.

Sometime in the past you had highlighted all 900+ songs, right clicked and then add to Party Shuffle. The above steps will clear those playlist caveats and let the program shuffle away :)

11. sfisher724 macrumors newbie

Deleting the songs works, thanks. I have had this problem for a while and never thought to try that...