Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raythepa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 5, 2006
I am using Windows XP home with iTunes. I have several users designated on the computer, the primary iTunes account is in my user window but iTunes shows up with all the other users. I'm having difficulty purchasing music on my account while in another user account. The difficulty is when I buy the song iTunes does not try to confirm my purchase and is not download the music.

Is the iTunes store down right now or am I not come to be able to do what I'm trying to do.

I know, Windows sucks.... I mean I really notice.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks and advance for your help.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
I'm a little bit confused. The iTunes Music Store account is attached to your library so if you're logged into a different user account and have a different iTunes library loaded, then downloading music will come off that person's bill and unless you transfer the track to your own account, you won't be able to play it from there. This is making a few assumptions about your library setup though. Tell us exactly how your setup is configured (where the libraries are located, who has access to which library and so on) and we may be able to help you. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.