iTunes Pepsi Caps not available yet?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by rfenik, Feb 5, 2004.

1. rfenik macrumors regular

rfenik

They aren't selling the iTunes Pepsi caps in Ohio yet! I saw the advertisements and everything but I still haven't been able to find any. I've checked gas stations, vending machines, ... everywhere!

Are they just trying to make demand higher by keeping supply for the iTunes caps low? Is this just a phantom promotion?

What stores are carrying these?

-ko

2. sethypoo macrumors 68000

I have a thread about this, so do about 40 other people.....I haven't seen any in California yet.

Most stores are trying to sell of their older Super Bowl cans and bottles first.

3. theipodgod16 macrumors 6502

there are NONE at all in california. This is a royal pain because we probaably wont get them for at least another week. i checked today, and all of the bottles are for super bowl stuff with a promo-end date of 12\31!!! maybe we will get the itms ones by the time the promo is a month over!:rolleyes:

4. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I've checked 13 stores so far in Los Angeles. No promotional Pepsis.

5. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

all i know is that i found a winner in a recycling bin up here at school (MN), so they're definitely out there.

6. GroundLoop macrumors 68000

GroundLoop

They are all over the place here in NJ. In fact, I have already won 27 songs.

Hickman

7. sigamy macrumors 65816

I have them in the cafe at my work. Too bad I'm 0-4 though!

27 wins is great, how many bottles have you bought?

8. GroundLoop macrumors 68000

GroundLoop

Well I am up to 28 now. I guess I have bought about 40-45. I have had some pretty amazing luck with our vending machine at work.

Hickman

9. Spizzo macrumors 6502

Havent seen them in the Spokane WA area yet, but then again, we have the cups at 7-11. For two cups and 32 oz. i paid 1.14 yesterday.

Thank heaven for 7-11. or not....

10. kpeterk macrumors newbie

0-4? Don't you look under the caps before you buy? You can see uf you're a winner or not.

11. FriarTuck macrumors 6502

FriarTuck

Haven't found any in Chicago yet. Anyone?

And any person who opens up bottles to find winners and puts back the losers should be locked up and beaten with sticks.

12. GroundLoop macrumors 68000

GroundLoop

You don't have to open the bottles to see if you are a winner. You can tilt the bottle and read the bottom of the cap since there is not enough soda in the bottle to inhibit your vision. I would love to take this route, but all of my purchases have been through vending machines and not refridgerated displays.

Hickman

13. jayb2000 macrumors 6502a

jayb2000

2-2 in Maine

I am 2 for 2 in Maine and I did not even look under the cap.

14. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

I haven't found any, either. All of the Pepsis at out school don't even have superbowl stuff, it's just the regular bottles without any ads or promotions associated with them.

15. bennyek macrumors regular

If you live in California and want to win a song now, Go to 7-11 and get a big gulp. I already double cupped and won 5 songs. ;) NOt sure if all 7-11 stores have them but all of them I have been to have them

16. Richter macrumors member

17. bankshot macrumors 65816

bankshot

I wish. I'm in southern CA and so far nothing at the local 7-Elevens. Well, except for the advertising posters plastered all over the stores, which kind of ticked me off. :mad: Same story today, too. Oh well! :(

18. Spizzo macrumors 6502

Been doing the 7-11 gig, and got yelled at for double cupping today. Apparently the cups are part of the inventory, lady wanted to charge us double. Yeah...so far I'm 0/4 with the cups, but it's still a better deal than the bottles, plus i can get sobe instead of soda.

19. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

All you people complaining that you're not going to get the iTunes Pepsi bottles for another week... Well guess what? We're NEVER getting it. Hell, we're probably going to end up never getting iTMS, either. So beat THAT! Ha! Haha!

:p

irmongoose

20. Kingsnapped macrumors 6502a

Kingsnapped

We just got some in one of the stores in the Green Bay area. Only Pepsi though :( I thought Sierra Mist would be doing it too.
    I haven't drank caffine for about six months. Maybe it's time to wean myself back on it...

21. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

I was hoping it'd work with Mountain Dew since I hate Pepsi, but I guess I'll have to get used to it again. My dad loves the stuff, though, I might have him save the caps for me.

22. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

You mean you're not going to move to the USA simply because of the Pepsi promotion? A true Macintosh fanatic certainly would! ;)

23. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

I haven't seen anything here in Texas either... We still have this Pepsi Sí, which is just a ploy to get the hispanic community to buy pepsi (being hispanic, I don't give a damn if pepsi puts 'sí' on their bottles or not... I want my music...)

I'll keep checking though...

24. bankshot macrumors 65816

bankshot

Heh. After 4 failed attempts earlier this week, I finally found a 7-Eleven location with the cups. Tried double cupping 2 drinks, didn't work. Without saying a word, the cashier proceeded to take both the extra cups off before ringing it up. I figure he was on to what I was doing, and I didn't want to cause a scene, so I just acted like I was searching through my wallet and didn't notice. :cool:

Now I wonder if it's even worth trying at other locations. How successful or unsuccessful have other people been at double cupping? ;)

My first cup won (yay!) and the second is in the freezer for later. I figure that must mean the 2 cups I didn't get weren't winners anyway... :rolleyes:

About the bottles, they aren't anywhere in southern California. We still have this Gateway/Lakers/Footlocker promotion going til the end of this month with Pepsi bottles. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see iTunes bottles around here until March. And what if they're all gone by then?? That's really irritating because I hate the Lakers even more than I hate Microsoft!! :mad:

:p

25. Toeknee macrumors regular

Toeknee

Being from San Antonio I too hate the Lakers. Especially Shaq, oh and I have yet to see a Pepsi/iTunes bottle here.