iTunes/Pepsi Promotion bug?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by greenguy4, Apr 13, 2005.

1. greenguy4 macrumors 6502

So the last two codes I entered for the Pepsi promotion gave me the free song but the screen that entered me into the other contest to win an iPod Mini never appeared. normally I have to enter my address and then another screen saying I was entered and I received a song appears. I have not gone over the 10 songs a day limit or anything so why is this happening?

2. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

From the contest rules:
    They no longer do the daily drawings, but from what the rules say, they should still be asking you to confirm your contact information until 4/30/05. So it's odd, to say the least.

3. greenguy4 thread starter macrumors 6502

When this first happened last night I sent them an email and received a answerless response so I sent another one to them and I recieved another note saying they were elevating my question to another level and I would hear back shortly--i'll keep ya'll posted on what happens

4. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Another quote from the rules:
    Maximum number of valid Codes per email address/person that can be entered at the Web Site is 10 per day and 200 total throughout the Promotion Period.​
    I ran into the limit on songs downloadable per day last year, but not this year. I was able to download 12 songs in one sitting. However, the clock crossed midnight in my time zone while I was downloading, so perhaps that reset the daily count.

5. greenguy4 thread starter macrumors 6502

6. Norouzi macrumors 6502

You can download as many songs as you want in a day, you just can only enter 10 codes per day, but the maximum number of free songs you can get is 200.

7. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

The store is once again giving the feedback message to confirm your address when you redeem a song. It reports the deadlines for entering the final drawing and for redeeming songs too: