iTunes phone won't connect to mac, Color iPod Minis, 2GB iPod Shuffle

Discussion in 'iPod' started by vd0t, Sep 2, 2005.

1. macrumors regular

Hi all,
    Haven't seen this one posted up here yet. Just saw this over at ThinkSecret.

Read the whole article here:
    http://www.thinksecret.com/news/0509ipod.html

Update: Sorry for the confusion. I changed the title. I guess I should read a little more carefully next time :rolleyes: So yes, it seems like it WILL connect to a mac and can also download off the Cingular network. In my defense, the "not" really caught my eye!

Update 2: The title didn't change on the main page. Can one of the mods change that please so no one is misinformed. Sorry again.

2. macrumors 68040

plinden

Don't you mean it will connect to the computer ...?

3. Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Think you misread the blurb about the phone

It says that it will "not only" connect to the computer, i.e. it will connect to the computer as well as via Cingular.

B

4. macrumors 6502a

wrxguy

lol so it WILL connect...lets change the name of this post....

5. Guest

Sky Blue

yes it's in the thread relating to the music event.

6. macrumors 65816

runninmac

Yeah This is huge news! A 8gb mini for 299?!?! a video iPod! A bump in the regular iPod wow I cant wait untill the 20th!

7. macrumors 68000

Freg3000

Over the air downloads....hmmm....tempting for some maybe. Probably not for me.

Twice the price for convenience and to freak out your friends may be worth it once in a while, but not regularly.

8. macrumors 6502a

Nickygoat

Assuming that O2 follows Cingular's pricing model - thats £2 a song (about $3.70 :eek: ). Will anyone buy songs at that price? Unlikely. I think most people can wait until they get home and download them for ITMS for 99p. Unless the software prevents you from putting protected AAC files on it, but Apple can't be that stupid no? Unless it's the only way they could make a deal with Cingular. Interesting...
    (OT but from the linked article) And a 2GB shuffle? Thats starting to push the limit at which you can manage without a screen.

9. macrumors regular

Isn't it 79p ?

10. macrumors 6502a

Nickygoat

Umm yeah :eek: Friday evening after a few beers things get a bit confused :eek:

11. macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Woo Hoo! Ill take a mini with a color screen thank you very much. Perhaps a new color mini as well? This should be exciting.

12. macrumors 6502a

hyperpasta

Something is wrong here

Something is wrong here. I don't know exactly what, but flash was more expensive than a hard drive per GB last time I checked and color screens are obviously more than black & white. 8GB Flash Color Slim iPod mini for as much as a 20-gigger? Seems far fetched. I'd say at this point we'll see color added and nothing else. Shuffles will be price-dropped. Video iPod a maybe. $2 a song on a cell phone stupid but if it pleases Cingular, then Apple doesn't have any ohter options.

13. macrumors 65816

14. macrumors 6502a

IndyGopher

Bingo.

15. macrumors G3

Counterfit

iPod Mini's use CompactFlash (well, sorta...) hard drives. They do NOT currently use flash memory. I doubt even Apple would be able to get enough of a discount on flash memory to put two 4GB modules in a $300 piece of equipment.

16. macrumors 68030

spaceballl

I mean... if this is a good PHONE above all and then it has cool music features with it, that would be awesome. Let's just make sure it is still a good phone.