itunes play count and ratings

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by toothpaste, Feb 15, 2006.

1. toothpaste macrumors 6502

May 8, 2005
    I have searched and have found nothing so far, so please don't yell at me if you find something that can help me that I might have missed.

I just installed tiger on my power mac. I backed up all my data and all other essentials that I needed. I did not however back up my itunes in a way that would allow me to save my playcounts and ratings. All that I have saved from the pre-tiger music folder is the itunes music library.xml file. It has taken me months of listening and rating my music, with less than 51% of my music being listened to and rated. I don't want to go thru and redo the whole process.

Is there any way that I can restore my playcounts and ratings or at least ratings from the .xml file that I saved? I appreciate any help you can give. :)

Thank you.
  2. ehayut macrumors member

Jun 29, 2005
    i'm pretty sure all you need is the XML file. Just overwrite your current XML with your old one. (Make a backup of your current one JUST in case)
  3. toothpaste thread starter macrumors 6502

May 8, 2005
    I have done that already, I over wrote the old file. I need a little more than just a basic solution, I need a working solution. What you have mentioned above I have tried. With no results at all.