Itunes problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by brsboarder, Nov 15, 2004.

1. brsboarder macrumors 6502a

I was wondering if there is an easy way to delete songs in a playlist. Basically, I used a program to seperate songs out that I dont want, and it put them into a playlist, now I want to delete the songs in the playlist, but cant, by clicking on the songs in that playlist, so, I know this is confusing, but how do i do it?

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Select the song in the playlist and press the delete key (to the right of the return key)

3. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

I don't think deleting it from the playlist will delete it off the computer, so I have an alternative...

While in the playlist with the music you want to delete, press apple+a to highlight all the music. Control+click (right click) one of the songs and say Get Info. It will warn you that you're gonna edit the multiple songs, say ok. Now simply assingn them something you can fine easy like an album or genre, for instance change their genre to Delete. Then go to your library navagate so you are only looking at the songs you changed. And another apple+a plus delete should do the trick.

4. mslifkin macrumors regular

mslifkin

Are you trying to delete the actual song from your iTunes Library? It sounds to me like you created a playlist of "songs I absolutely can't stand" and now you want to purge your library of those songs. If this is what you want to do, you're going to have to select the songs you want to delete from the Library, not a playlist, and hit delete. You will be prompted "Are you sure you want to remove these songs from your library?" (or verbiage to that effect). Once you click yes, you'll be prompted yet again, this time saying "these songs are still on your hard drive; do you want to delete them as well?". When you click on yes the songs will be sent to the Trash Bin. Just empty the Trash, and those songs will be just an unhappy memory.

5. dotnina macrumors 6502a

You, my friend, are genius.

I think your explanation might have left out a few details, but correct me if I'm wrong ...

After you've changed all the songs to whatever genre (or modified it somehow), go to your library. View "Date Modified" and sort by that criteria. All the songs you've just modified will appear together in the list, since they were modified at about the same time. Select that chunk, and delete.

6. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Here's a handy little iTunes tip I learned from someone else on these forums. If you want to delete song(s) from your library from anywhere (even in a smart playlist), select the songs to delete, and press Command+Option+Delete (not the forward delete key, the one called Backspace in Windows).

7. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

Whats the need for command there? option+delete deletes anything from the library.

8. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Didn't know that abhishekit. Thanks (it worked for me)!

9. Logik macrumors 6502a

um no, you could do that but his way should be fine. change the Genre to delete, goto your library and then find the Genre labeled Delete and then select all songs in that genre, simply press delete and it will ask you if you want to remove them from your library. his way is more accurate.. yours could potentially delete songs you want to keep.

10. brsboarder thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jared, thanks a lot, exactly what I was looking for!