iTunes Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ryme4reson, Dec 8, 2003.

1. ryme4reson macrumors 6502

I was throwing a party a few weeks ago, and my iTunes library was on an external HD. The drive was dropped to the floor and became DOA. I used Norton and DiskWarrior and finally got my MP3's back. -

I then copied the library to my PowerBook (~5K songs) under Panther, and now many of the songs are corrupted. Lets say a song is 3 mins. long. It will end the song at the 45 second mark. This happens in itunes and quicktime. If I fast forward past that 45 second mark the song will keep playing as the file is still intact, but its structure seems amiss.

Certain songs will also have a 2-3 second loud banging noise where the song stops, this sound is made, then the song continues.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to correct these problems?
    I have backups of most of the music, but some of the new iTMS purchases are not backedup as my cd burner on my PB is messed up, and my external was supposed to be the BU.

2. mainstreetmark macrumors 68020

mainstreetmark

I would probably say you're out of luck.

If a song is doing that, then the physical file is missing data and iTunes is (usually) smart enough to abort the play and move on, rather than decode known garbage and try to play it (the "loud banging" is probably some corrupted data)

Sorry...